Stevenson Memorial Tournament (SMT) @ UW 4/28/2018

Old college threads.
jeff.gdv
Lulu

Stevenson Memorial Tournament (SMT) @ UW 4/28/2018

Post by jeff.gdv »

The University of Washington is pleased to announce a mirror of the Stevenson Memorial Tournament (SMT) on April 28, 2018.

Logistics:
The tournament will be located in Savery Hall, with the first round beginning at 9 AM sharp. We ask participants to arrive by 8:30 AM at the latest so we can go over logistics beforehand. Parking is available at a number of University parking lots for a flat fee of $5 for the day. More in-depth detail will be provided as the tournament date approaches.

Eligibility:
As per SMT rules, high school and undergraduate (not defined by years, but rather whether you have a Bachelor's degree) collegiate teams may enter. Teams composed of students from different schools is not allowed. If you are a Graduate Student wishing to play, you must seek permission from Young Lee (email [email protected], and CC me so I'm in the loop - my email is [email protected]). We will have a tentative field cap at 16 teams, though given the field we cater to that most likely will not be a problem. If we somehow do go above that cap, a waiting list will be kept.

Please email me at [email protected] with information about the number of teams you wish to bring, as well as any relevant discounts for which your team(s) are eligible.

Fees:
+$110 Base Fee
-$5 Per working Buzzer Set
-$15 Per experienced moderator (i.e. familiar with quizbowl rules/scoring; we reserve the right to revoke this discount upon discovery of poor moderation)
-$10 Per 100 miles traveled, rounded to the nearest 100
Minimum Fee: $50

Further details about the tournament, packet set, etc can be found here. And you can always email me at [email protected] to ask any questions you have. Hope to see some great teams there!
Jefferson Van Wagenen
President, UW Quizbowl team
University of Washington Class of 2019
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Re: Stevenson Memorial Tournament (SMT) @ UW 4/28/2018

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

Thank you all for coming out to this SMT mirror! A private discussion forum has been opened for everyone who played an SMT mirror. To join the private forum, go to User Control Panel -> Usergroups -> Select "2018 SMT Discussion" -> Click "Submit". We'd love your input on the set before the last few mirrors in May, so please join the discussion forum if you haven't already! Thank you!
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028