WORLDSTAR online (RESCHEDULED for September 1)

Old college threads.
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

WORLDSTAR online (RESCHEDULED for September 1)

Post by A Dim-Witted Saboteur »

A WORLDSTAR discord mirror will be TDed by (EDIT) me, Jakob Myers, on September 1. If that date doesn't work for enough people, we're certainly open to pushing it later. Here's a signup sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by A Dim-Witted Saboteur on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jakob M. (they/them)
Michigan State '21, Indiana '2?
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Re: WORLDSTAR online

Given that it's a better date for me, with 8 people signed up a 2-team mirror wouldn't be much fun at all, and it seems to work for more people, I've elected to reschedule this for September 1. I'm sorry to anyone this inconveniences.
Jakob M. (they/them)
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Re: WORLDSTAR online (RESCHEDULED for September 1)

This is indeed happening; the tournament will start at 1 PM Central Time and will likely run 3-4 hours. A discord server link will be forthcoming. If you haven't supplied your email on the signup sheet yet, please do so now. I'll close the field and assign teams at roughly 5 PM central tomorrow.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Clarification since it probably wasn't August 30 everywhere when I made the previous post: the field is being closed at 5PM on the 31st.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

This is happening today! If you didn't get the logistics email, the tournament will be conducted on the following discord. Please be on it by 1:50 Eastern: https://discord.gg/3Aq5wC. A schedule is up on the signup sheet.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

This happened and stats are up for it! Danzig with the Stars (Doug Simons, Jason Cheng, and Austin Foos) defeated Stay Together and Don't Be Racist (Matthew Lehmann, William Golden, Peter Schmidt, and Alex Schmidt) in a final. Thanks to everyone for playing! A British mirror is probably happening during the regular season, so this set isn't clear yet, but copies of it are available upon request. If you haven't yet, pay me via venmo at @myersjak.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal