2018 EFT at WUSTL (10/6/18)

Old college threads.
dirtdizzy
Kimahri

2018 EFT at WUSTL (10/6/18)

Post by dirtdizzy »

The Washington University Quiz Bowl team is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a mirror of 2018 Early Fall Tournament on October 6th, 2018. The set will be regular-minus difficulty and geared toward collegiate players of all skill levels, as well as experienced high schoolers. I, Erik Tomasic, will direct the tournament.

Registration

To register, please e-mail us at [email protected] with the following information:

1/ How many teams you will bring.
2/ How many buzzers you will bring.
3/ How many players you will have, as well as their names.
4/ How many staff (moderators and scorekeepers) you will bring.
5/ A phone number I can contact you at.

Fee Structure

The base fee for the tournament will be $120, with discounts as follows:

Buzzers: -$5 per set of functional buzzers
Moderator: -$15 per moderator (please bring a laptop, as scorekeeping and packets will both be online)
Scorekeeper: -$10 per scorekeeper (please bring a laptop, as scorekeeping and packets will both be online)
Travel: -$10 per 200 miles one way
Minimum fee: $50 per team

Please make checks out to "Washington University Quiz Bowl;" we can also take cash but prefer checks.

Place

The tournament will be in Eads Hall (Building 31 here). Because of construction, we recommend that you park in the parking lot next to Simon Hall (Building 110) and the Danforth University Center (Building 27).

Time

Registration will begin at 8:15 AM CDT in Eads 203. The first round will start at 9. We'll have an opening meeting around 8:45.

Contact me by phone if you will be late. I will send out a tournament information email with my phone number before the tournament.

We will end the tournament around 6, depending on how many rounds we play (which depends on how many teams sign up). We expect to guarantee all teams at least around 10 rounds.

Eligibility

The Original Tournament Announcement wrote:
For college teams, all in-person US sites of this tournament will be completely closed. High schoolers may play, and can play on chimera teams with permission, but permission will only be granted if they are unable to play with their school team.
Last edited by dirtdizzy on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Tomasic
WUSTL '19
Ex-treasurer
UW '20
dirtdizzy
Kimahri

Re: 2018 EFT at WUSTL (10/6/18)

Post by dirtdizzy »

Here is the current field (16/16):

WUSTL [4 teams, 3 buzzers, many staffers]
Illinois [3 teams, 1 buzzer]
Chicago [5 teams, 1 buzzer]
A* Four [1 team, no buzzers or staffers]
Mizzou [3 teams, no buzzers or staffers]

Registration is currently closed.
Erik Tomasic
WUSTL '19
Ex-treasurer
UW '20
dirtdizzy
Kimahri

Re: 2018 EFT at WUSTL (10/6/18)

Post by dirtdizzy »

Thanks to everyone who attended. The winner was Chicago Orange, after defeating Chicago Blue in the narrowest of margins in the second game of an advantaged final. Stats are now uploaded here.
Erik Tomasic
WUSTL '19
Ex-treasurer
UW '20