Delta Burke 2018: November 2-3

Old college threads.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Delta Burke 2018: November 2-3

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

This year's Delta Burke tournament at Valencia College in Orlando will be held on Friday, November 2, and Saturday, November 3, for community college teams. My Florida CC colleagues will all hear about this directly, but if you're part of a CC team that would like to come to Orlando, let me know.

So mainly I'm posting here for mirrors. If you want to mirror this year's set, we'll ask for a $30/team mirror fee (not including house teams), and the set will be available starting November 10 (I don't want to interfere with ACF Fall iterations more than I already am in Florida, and besides, I'll have a chance to clean up errors). As always, be aware that DB is an idiosyncratic set, which will almost certainly feature cruel characterizations of conservatism and/or Republicans in specific, and possibly some small amount of crude vulgarity which might make some high school players' parents blush. Caveat emptor!

MIrrors:

Midwest: Purdue (date TBD)
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Delta Burke 2018: November 2-3

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

So this happened, and a fine time was had by all. My Valencia player Jesse Gingold won the tournament playing solo, woot!, beating a very good Chipola A team in the final match 335-205. Here are the stats: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/54 ... 8_orlando/

As always, I was able to find and fix typos and some repeat issues after reading the set under tournament conditions, so if you're looking for a mirror, you should get a tasty, well edited set, appropriate for beginning college players, but with lead-ins that might interest more veteran undergrads, too. Let me know if you're interested.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah