ACF Regionals 2019 @ Carnegie Mellon (1/26)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
setophaga
Lulu

ACF Regionals 2019 @ Carnegie Mellon (1/26)

Post by setophaga » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Carnegie Mellon Quizbowl is pleased to announce a site of ACF Regionals to be held Saturday, January 26, 2018, on our Pittsburgh campus.

There are two steps to registration for this tournament. First, please fill out the central ACF registration form here.
After you have done this, please email me at sameerapte2019 [at] gmail [dot] com with information on the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you will be bringing to the tournament.

There is a soft cap of 16 teams for this tournament, with potential to expand to 24 or over, pending staff.

Fees
Base fee: $135
Buzzer: -$5/functional system. Note: all buzzer systems MUST have eight functioning buzzers to receive this discount.
Staffers: -$10/staffer
Shorthanded fee (teams of 1 or 2 players): $60
New to quizbowl discount: -$100

Packet submission guidelines
Any team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament* (either as a college student or as a high school student) prior to September 1, 2017 is required to submit a half-packet. Teams composed of people who have not played regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournaments prior to September 1, 2017, are not required to submit a half-packet, but may choose to do so by the no penalty deadline for a -$50 discount. For more details, please refer to the global announcement linked above.

Please feel free to direct any questions you might have to my email above, and I would be happy to answer them.

Field (teams/buzzers/staffers):
Kenyon (2/1/0)
Penn State (3/2/0)
Wright State (1/1/0)
Michigan (2/2/0)
Michigan State (3/1/0)
Gettysburg (1/1/0)
Sameer Apte
Carnegie Mellon '19
President, CMU Quizbowl