NAQT SCT at CU Boulder (2/9/19)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
A Very Long Math Tossup
Wakka

NAQT SCT at CU Boulder (2/9/19)

Post by A Very Long Math Tossup » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 pm

I'm pleased to announce that for the fourth year in a row, CU Boulder will host the Rocky Mountain site of NAQT's Sectional Championship Tournament. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at matthew.s.mitchell@colorado.edu

Location and schedule:
The tournament will be held on Saturday, February 9 on the CU Boulder main campus. We expect to decide on a building within a week. It will begin at 9:00 AM MST, and teams should arrive by 8:45.

Fees (set by NAQT):
Base fees: $135 for the first team from a school; $100 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:
$10 discount per working buzzer system (Buzzer systems must accommodate at least eight players and be able to recognize the individual who buzzed)
$40 discount per experienced moderator (Moderators must be familiar with NAQT rules and have experience moderating quizbowl matches, even if outside of a tournament setting)
$40 discount (per team) for schools "new to quizbowl" (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2017 or 2018)

Payment will be handled on the day of the tournament. If the fee structure described here poses a problem for your school, contact me and we'll work something out.

This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. Register here.

Current Field:
Colorado A
Colorado B
Matt Mitchell
Colorado '20
Treasure Valley '16
QBNotify creator, Colorado Quiz Bowl founder, PACE member