Spartan Housewrite at Wright State (3/30/19)

Old college threads.
Limonana
Lulu

Spartan Housewrite at Wright State (3/30/19)

Post by Limonana »

Wright State University is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a mirror of Spartan Housewrite on March 30, 2019. Information about the set can be found here. I'll be the TD for this tournament; to register, please email me at hijazi DOT 4 AT wright DOT edu with information regarding the numbers of teams, buzzers, moderators, and tournament rosters (I don't need this immediately, feel free to email me later).

Payment
Base Fee: $135 per team
Buzzer Discount: -$10 per working buzzer, no limit to the amount a team can bring
Staffer Discount: -$20 per staffer, no limit to the amount a team can bring. Include the names of any staffers in the registration email.

This tournament will be held on the first floor of the Medical Sciences building. Teams should be able to park anywhere on campus, but we advise that you park in Lots 7 or 8, by University Hall. There are a variety of restaurants nearby including Wendy's, Subway, and Rapid Fire Pizza.

We will be accepting cash or check (made out to Wright State Quizbowl) the day of the tournament. If you need an invoice, please let us know in advance.

Given limited resources in terms of available rooms and staff, this tournament will be limited to 14 teams. This may be expanded if we are able to secure more rooms, which isn't likely, so I advise teams to register soon.

Current field (# of teams/buzzers/staff):
Purdue (1/2/0)
Kenyon(1-2/1/0)
Kentucky (2+/1/0)

If you have any questions, feel free to email me beforehand. We hope to see you in Dayton on March 30th!

EDIT: We've moved the date of this tournament to 30th. Please plan accordingly!
Last edited by Limonana on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nour Hijazi
Sidney '17
Wright State University '21
Limonana
Lulu

Re: Spartan Housewrite at Wright State (3/30/19)

Post by Limonana »

Now that this tournament is just over a month away, I want to remind teams to formally register for the tournament by emailing me!
Nour Hijazi
Sidney '17
Limonana
Lulu

Re: Spartan Housewrite at Wright State (3/30/19)

Post by Limonana »

At the conclusion of Round 9 of a triple round robin, Purdue had clear the field by going 8-1. Congratulations to Purdue for winning Wright State's first ever college tournament!

Stats are available here. Thank you to all teams that came out today, we hope everyone enjoyed themselves!
Nour Hijazi
Sidney '17