2019 NAQT Florida SCT @ Florida (02/09/19)

Old college threads.
Mahavishnu
Lulu

2019 NAQT Florida SCT @ Florida (02/09/19)

Post by Mahavishnu »

Acting on behalf of the University of Florida Quiz Bowl Team, I am proud to announce our mirror of NAQT's Sectionals set on February 9th, 2019. This tournament offers the only competitive opportunity for teams to qualify for NAQT's Intercollegiate Championship Tournament, and is suitable for players of all skill levels.

Gameplay Format

Rounds will consist of 22 tossups and associated bonuses divided into two untimed 11-question halves. Other rules can be found here.

Eligibility:

If you don't know which division one of your teams would fit within, please consult NAQT's eligibility requirements.

Tournament Site and Time

We are currently still waiting on room reservation officials to get back to us, but in all likelihood, the tournament will be held in either Matherly Hall, on the northeast corner of campus, or in Little Hall, on the center of the eastern side. This post will be updated when our information changes. Our field cap is similarly pending. The tournament registration will begin at 8:30 A.M., and questions will begin being read at 9:00 A.M. on the dot.

Edit: Matherly Hall has been confirmed as the tournament location.

Fees and Finances

Base Fee: $135 per team
Buzzer Discount: -$10 per complete, working buzzer system
Team-Provided Staff Discount:-$40 each; must be approved by TD
Multiple Team Discount: -$25 per team registered after the first
New Program (SCT) Discount: -$20 per team

A program is considered new if no team from its school competed in or hosted an SCT, CC SCT, ICT, or CCCT in either of the two previous full competition years.

There is a minimum fee of $40 dollars per team, regardless of other discounts.

Registration

To register, please do so at this link, under the third tab, marked "Register."

Current Field

DI
NCF A
NCF C
UF A
UCF A

DII
College of Charleston
NCF B
UF B
UF C
UCF B
UCF C

We look forward to seeing all of you at this sure-to-be excellent tournament. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions! Thank you!
Tracy Mirkin
South Fork '17
Florida '22
Mahavishnu
Lulu

Re: 2019 NAQT Florida SCT @ Florida (02/09/19)

Post by Mahavishnu »

This tournament went swimmingly, and I believe a good time was had all around, so congrats to everyone who participated.

In Division I, our overall champions were UF A (Alex Shaw, Zachary Knecht, Nabeel Farooq), while NCF A (Katia Diamond, Leo Law, David Honsinger) took both the undergraduate title and second place overall.

In Division II, a gripping advantaged final saw UF B (Khanh Nguyen, Henry Hill, Jacob Hujsa, Anthony Delgado, Will Grossman) prevail victoriously over the second place team, UCF B (David Espinal, Hannah Sage, Donny Lisle, Dylan Higbie).

Book prizes were awarded to the following top scorers.

Division I

1. Alex Shaw - UF A
2. Daniel Golisch - UCF A
3. Harley Andrew - NCF C

Division II
1. Sam Ferguson - College of Charleston
2. Kayla Kalhor - UF C
3. Henry Hill - UF B
4. David Espinal - UCF B
5. Max Murphy - UCF C
6. Jacob Hujsa - UF B
7. Will Grossman - UF B

Thanks to all who came out and had a chance to compete!
Tracy Mirkin
South Fork '17
Florida '22