Terrapin 2019 @ Auburn (3/2/19)

Old college threads.
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Terrapin 2019 @ Auburn (3/2/19)

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

I am pleased to announce that Auburn University will be hosting the Southeast mirror of Terrapin on Saturday, March 2, 2019. The tournament will be hosted on the Auburn University campus in the Haley Center (351 W Thach Concourse, Auburn, AL 36849). This is a closed tournament, only colleges may play. Aahil Makhani will be directing this tournament.

The tournament's main announcement can be found here: http://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21274. The tournament is below regular difficulty, similar to EFT.

LOCATION, PARKING, TIME:
This tournament will take place in the Haley Center (351 W Thach Concourse, Auburn, AL 36849). The closest available parking will be the navy and pink lot marked "D" on this map: http://media.al.com/montgomery/photo/au ... 2d81bb.jpg. Parking on campus is free on weekends. From there, follow Heisman Drive across from the stadium and it will take you to the Haley Center. It is very old and brick.

On the day of the tournament, teams should arrive between 8:20-8:45. We will start at 9:00.

FIELD:
For now, I'm going to cap the field for this tournament at 10 teams. I'll try my best to expand if there's more interest.

FEES:
$120 base fee
-$10 per working buzzer (max 2 per team)
PLEASE BRING YOUR BUZZERS!

-$20 per competent staffer
-$10 per 200 miles traveled one way from your school to Auburn University as determined by Google Maps.

To register, please email me at [email protected] and indicate the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you'll be bringing.

PAYMENT:
We can accept cash/checks on the day of the tournament. Please make checks out to "Auburn Quiz Bowl" and not me personally/the university.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Re: Terrapin 2019 @ Auburn (3/2/19)

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

FIELD (teams/buzzers/staffers):
Alabama (1/1/0)
Auburn (1/1/many)
Florida (3/2/0)
Georgia (2/2/0)
Georgia Tech (1/1/0)
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT
wcheng
Wakka

Re: Terrapin 2019 @ Auburn (3/2/19)

Post by wcheng »

A private forum has been created for Terrapin, so please request access by clicking User Control Panel (under your username in the top right corner) => Usergroups => 2019 UMD Terrapin discussion.
Weijia Cheng (they/them)
Centennial '15
BS @ Maryland '18 (Fall)
MDiv @ BU '27