RULFO at PACE NSC

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
ansonberns
Lulu

RULFO at PACE NSC

Post by ansonberns » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm

This is a preliminary announcement for a mirror of RULFO at the 2019 PACE NSC. As stated in that thread, this set is difficult, but we believe most experienced players will enjoy playing it and maybe discover underrepresented content! Tentatively, the side event will be held on Friday, June 7th. We hope to begin the tournament by 6 p.m. However, if this time doesn’t work for a lot of people, it is subject to change. More definite logistics will be available as we get closer to the event. We plan to run the event with teams of 4, with a field cap of 8. The cost to play will be $10 per person, regardless of team size (so a three person team would pay $30, etc.).

You can express interest on this matchmaking spreadsheet, but teams have not officially registered until they fill out this form. I hope to see you there!
Anson Berns
Captain, Montgomery Blair HS '19

Smuttynose Island
Forums Staff: Moderator

Re: RULFO at PACE NSC

Post by Smuttynose Island » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 pm

ansonberns wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Tentatively, the side event will be held on Friday, June 7th. We hope to begin the tournament by 6 p.m. However, if this time doesn’t work for a lot of people, it is subject to change.
I'd like to suggest a later start time. Locals, especially those with jobs or internships, may have trouble getting to the hotel by 6pm in rush hour traffic.
Daniel Hothem
TJHSST '11 | UVA '15 | Oregon '??
"You are the stuff of legends" - Chris Manners
https://sites.google.com/site/academicc ... ubuva/home

John Ketzkorn
Wakka

Post by John Ketzkorn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:34 pm

Smuttynose Island wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 pm
ansonberns wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Tentatively, the side event will be held on Friday, June 7th. We hope to begin the tournament by 6 p.m. However, if this time doesn’t work for a lot of people, it is subject to change.
I'd like to suggest a later start time. Locals, especially those with jobs or internships, may have trouble getting to the hotel by 6pm in rush hour traffic.

Non-locals arriving to the hotel on Friday may also like more time to unpack / get situated before rushing off to the tournament (myself included).
Michael Etzkorn
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy '16
UIUC '21

"Whosoever would undertake some atrocious enterprise should act as if it were already accomplished, should impose upon himself a future as irrevocable as the past."

ansonberns
Lulu

Post by ansonberns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:52 am

Alright I'm willing to push it back to 7:00. Considering me and Michael are playing NSC in the morning I don't want to start too late.
Anson Berns
Captain, Montgomery Blair HS '19

naturalistic phallacy
Auron

Post by naturalistic phallacy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:14 am

Have you run this by anyone at PACE?
Bernadette Spencer
University of Minnesota
MCTC
Event Manager, PACE

Father, among these many souls / Is there not one / Whom thou shalt pluck for love out of the coals?

Guile Island
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Guile Island » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 pm

I sent an e-mail to Michael Li about a week ago reminding him of the PACE Side Event policy. Michael and Anson are obviously free to host this event as long as they comply!
Dylan Minarik
PACE Director of Communications

Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer