Florida Spring Tournament (FST) at University of Washington, 4/27/19

Old college threads.
jeff.gdv
Lulu

Florida Spring Tournament (FST) at University of Washington, 4/27/19

Post by jeff.gdv »

The University of Washington is proud to announce we will be hosting a mirror of the 2019 Florida Spring Tournament on April 27, 2019. We will be sending out an email to teams in the area with more info, and in the days approaching we will announce our room (most likely either Savery hall or the CSE building).

Arrival
There are various university-operated parking locations that cost $5 for the day on Saturdays; we will direct you to the closest one when we announce the building. We will ask teams to arrive between 8:30 and 9 AM, and they can expect the tournament to end between 3 and 5 PM.

We will allow high school teams to register, and because we have a couple middle school teams in the area who have shown an ability to compete with our high school teams, we'll extend invitations to middle school teams as well (with a request that coaches screen last year's packets, both for the difficulty and whether the content is appropriate for their students' ages). No mixed teams - all teams, whether college, HS, or middle school, must be made up of players from the same school.

Registration Fees
Base Fee: $80
Travel discount: $5 per 100 miles one way, rounded to the nearest 100, measured via reasonably efficient routes
Buzzer discount: $5 per appropriate, working buzzer set (appropriate as in follows, for example, NAQT's guidelines)
Staffer discount: $10 per experienced moderator
Minimum fee: $40

You can register by emailing me at [email protected] with your school, number of teams, and any buzzers or staffers you wish to provide. I will be sending a mass email out in the coming days to my connections in the area which you can respond to as well if you receive it.

We will be taking in payments at the beginning of the day before round 1, but can take payment any time during the day in case a team is late. We only accept cash or check at this time.

Lunch
We usually have a 1 hour lunch break in the middle of the day. There are a bunch of restaurants in the area we can point you to for lunch, so bring money in case you want that option. Alternatively, you can pack a lunch. In the past, we've ordered pizza and sold it to people by the slice, but that's not very often so don't expect it.

Send me an email if you have any questions about the tournament.
Jefferson Van Wagenen
President, UW Quizbowl team
University of Washington Class of 2019