PA area CC SCT

Old college threads.
alexdz
Rikku

PA area CC SCT

Post by alexdz »

I'm looking into the possibility of hosting a CC SCT this winter in the Philadelphia area. I recently started adjunct teaching at a 2-year school in the area, so I think I can probably pull the event off if there is enough interest from teams to compete.

I have a contact list started of student life people at nearby schools. However, if anyone knows of students I should reach out to instead who may be able to form a team internally at their CC/2-year school, I'd love to have more ways to get this thing off the ground. Generally, I imagine this event would be the most convenient for teams in PA, NJ, and DE, but even teams from New York*, Maryland, DC, or Virginia might find this interesting.

* - (I know there seem to be a lot of quizbowlers attending some of the CCs in NY, but if you know of any in particular who are looking for a way to keep playing, I'd be happy to reach out.)
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present
alexdz
Rikku

Re: PA area CC SCT

Post by alexdz »

An update on this:

I have some tentative support from the college I'm working for to host a CC SCT this January. But that only makes sense if there are teams prepared to attend, so I'm going to start seeking out teams over the next week or two. Largely, that's going to mean starting from scratch with college activities offices, but if you have any contacts at mid-Atlantic 2 year schools, please reach out ASAP.
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present