To register, either post in this topic or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is only considered official if you specify the number of teams and buzzer sets you will be bringing (a player count is preferred as well, but not necessary). Feel free to contact us with other questions regarding the event as well.
Location and Time
The tournament will take place on Michigan State's campus in East Lansing, MI, most likely in Wells Hall. Teams should arrive for registration between 9:15 and 9:45, as we plan to start matches at 10:00. Each team will play at least seven games with a lunch break, though the exact format and schedule of the tournament depends on the field size.
Fees and Discounts
Per player: $15
Per functional buzzer system: -$5
Minimum per player: $5
1. All ACF eligibility rules apply, except when they contradict the rules below.
2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.
3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.
4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:
i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits). Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.
ii. If you were ever on a playoff or top-bracket team at NAQT HSNCT or PACE NSC.
iii. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.
iv. If you have ever won any college tournament.
5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.
If you have any eligibility questions or appeals, please speak with Andrew Hart (email@example.com).
Thanks to Yale/UCLA for announcement formatting.
We hope to see you on the 1st!