Harvard-Westlake Quizbowl A

New high school teams looking for advice should post here.
Nyaxoffon
Kimahri

Harvard-Westlake Quizbowl A

Post by Nyaxoffon »

Hello quizbowl community!

My name is Tony and I'm creating a new Quizbowl team at the Harvard-Westlake Upper School. Are there any other teams in the Hollywood region interested in perhaps practicing/competing against us occasionally? :grin: (I know North Hollywood HS has a team)
coldstonesteveaustin
Wakka

Re: Harvard-Westlake Quizbowl A

Post by coldstonesteveaustin »

If you're willing to make it down here, UCLA is going to start holding practices sometime soon.
Hidehiro Anto
Menlo School '14
UCLA '18

"Those who cannot remember 'Black Magic Woman' are condemned to repeat it." - Carlos Santayana
drower
Kimahri

Post by drower »

Hello!

I am part of the Taft Quizbowl Team, and though Taft is in Woodland Hills, most of us live in or near the Hollywood area. I think it would be fun to practice with/against you guys, we are also a pretty new team (we formed at the very end of last year). If you want to plan something, you can contact me through here (although I'm new to this site), or email me at [email protected]
David Rower
Taft High School
Nohoquizbowl
Lulu

Post by Nohoquizbowl »

Wait, UCLA's practices are open? When/where do they take place?

Also, I'm sure you know this by now, but North Hollywood has a team. I'm not sure how receptive our players will be to a scrimmage (they're infuriatingly lazy), but I'm completely willing to try and set something up.
Mila Herko Frank
Captain, North Hollywood Quiz Bowl 2015-2016
coldstonesteveaustin
Wakka

Nohoquizbowl wrote:Wait, UCLA's practices are open? When/where do they take place?

Also, I'm sure you know this by now, but North Hollywood has a team. I'm not sure how receptive our players will be to a scrimmage (they're infuriatingly lazy), but I'm completely willing to try and set something up.
We haven't decided on time or place, but we plan to start sometime next week. Then again, our club only recently started up again, so things are very fluid right now. I'll get back to you as soon as we find out.
Hidehiro Anto
Menlo School '14
UCLA '18

"Those who cannot remember 'Black Magic Woman' are condemned to repeat it." - Carlos Santayana
Nyaxoffon
Kimahri

Post by Nyaxoffon »

^ Wow, that's crazy! Will definitely be there.

@Noho -- It's all good, our players are not much different.
coldstonesteveaustin
Wakka

First practice is Friday, October 10, from 6 pm to 8 pm, at Royce Hall, room 166.
Hidehiro Anto
Menlo School '14
UCLA '18