LOST I - 4/9/2016, SCOP MS [Litchfield, IL]

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
remake20
Lulu

LOST I - 4/9/2016, SCOP MS [Litchfield, IL]

Post by remake20 »

We are excited to be hosting the first Litchfield Open Scholastic Tournament (LOST) at Litchfield Middle School on April 9, 2016. It is our hope that it will be a valuable learning experience for all students involved. All middle school teams from south or central Illinois are welcome to attend, as well as teams from other regions.

Set
We will be mirroring the SCOP Middle School set. Details are available here.

Fees
The cost is $55 for the first team and $40 for any subsequent team (such as a B and/or C team). There is a $10 discount for bringing a working buzzer set.

Logistics
Plan to arrive at Litchfield Middle School (South part of 1705 N State Street) by 8:15AM, though this is subject to change based on field size.

Format
All teams will be guaranteed at least 6 games separated into morning and afternoon rounds. The final format will be determined by field size. We may split the A teams and B/C teams into subsequent divisions, again based on field size and interest.

Lunch
Pizza and other concessions will be available for purchase. It is preferable to stay on site for lunch.

Registration
To register either post here or email andrewdt97(at)gmail(dot)com with the number of teams you plan to bring as well as whether or not you are bringing a buzzer system.

Current Field:
Litchfield x3
Franklin (Springfield) x2
Mt. Zion
Greenville x3
Carlinville
Nokomis x2
Next Generation
Porta x3
Last edited by remake20 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Andrew T.
Litchfield '15
the return of AHAN
Auron

Re: LOST I - 4/9/2016, SCOP MS [Litchfield, IL]

Post by the return of AHAN »

Be aware that Station Middle School in Barrington will mirror this set on March 12th. From your general area, we consistently get Normal Metcalf at our tournament and, save last year, Bloomington JHS. Just thought you should know in case they register for yours.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
remake20
Lulu

Post by remake20 »

Noted. If you want to send me your field list when you have it, I'll make sure there is no overlap.
Andrew T.
Litchfield '15
the return of AHAN
Auron

Will do. I'll post my own tournament announcement soon.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
bksearby
Kimahri

Post by bksearby »

Next Generation School will bring two teams to your tournament.
Brenda Searby
the return of AHAN
Auron

This was an enjoyable set. Very accessible across the levels. I'm pleased to see Next Gen is going to play it again (they played last year's iteration of SCOP MS). More teams should go play this.
Jeff Price
remake20
Lulu

Post by remake20 »

We are one week out and we are very excited! We have 16 teams (not bad for an area of the state where the Saturday tournament is almost nonexistent) and everything is coming together.
Andrew T.
Litchfield '15
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Top 4 from the tournament:

1) Champaign Next Gen A
2) Springfield Franklin A
3) Carlinville
4) Champaign Next Gen B
the return of AHAN
Auron

Did Carlinville actually have a dozen players on one team? You might want consider a cap on players on a team in the future, and explain why you have that cap in place (players should spend may time playing than watching). Many IL coaches conflate the 15-player roster maximum for IESA State Series with the ideal number of players to carry. 19 years of experience has taught me there's no better way to discourage lesser players from trying to improve and thin the herd.
/derail
Jeff Price
remake20
Lulu

Post by remake20 »

Due to a very unfortunate series of events, I was unable to make it to the tournament. However, David (my co-host) said it went very well. Congratulations to Next Gen on their impressive performance. Stats are here. Thanks to Kristen for the upload. I'd also like to give a huge shoutout to all of the volunteers, especially Donald for making this tournament happen.

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. Player cap was one of the things that slipped our mind and will probably be instituted in the future.
Andrew T.
Litchfield '15