VHSL 2015-2016 Results/Predictions

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Madoc
Lulu

VHSL 2015-2016 Results/Predictions

Post by Madoc »

I can't believe this perennial thread hasn't already been started; let me go ahead and throw out my conference predictions for our local 1A and 2A groups:

1A West:
Conference 45: Radford will come out on top, as usual. Runner-up might be Eastern Montgomery, though they didn't make it to region last year.
Conference 46: Galax had a good crew last year and made it to state; I'd imagine Chilhowie has also stepped it up.
Conference 47: Patrick Henry (Glade Spring)'s entry has made this conference a little more interesting, but what kind of coach would I be if I didn't predict Honaker to take the title once again? Northwood is my prediction for runner-up, but they've been giving HHS a tough time the past couple years (and knocked us out of the regional tournament last year after losing 4 games to us in the regular season & conference tournament).
Conference 48: J.I. Burton actually split 1-1 with 2A's Central (Wise) at the beginning of the season, and they have two seniors primed to make a regional run. I don't know much else about the conference, but I'd imagine Eastside will be gunning for the runner-up spot.

2A West:
Conference 39: Tazewell had an excellent team when HHS played them a few weeks ago; I'd imagine they'll take the title without much question. Grundy lost their stud player, Dylan, to graduation, but they have filled in for that loss pretty well and should take the runner-up spot.
Conference 40: Central (Wise) is looking to repeat, and from the scores I've seen so far they've got a good chance at doing just that. Runner-up is going to be hard fought between Gate City, Lebanon, and John Battle. I'm looking for GC to pull it out, though.
Charlie Perkins
Coach - Honaker High School 2015-2021
W&M 2014
mithokie
Rikku

Re: VHSL 2015-2016 Results/Predictions

Post by mithokie »

Conference 32 had their tournament last night. Cave Spring took 1st with a 5-0 record, followed by Blacksburg at 4-1. Both teams advance to the Region 3A-West tournament on Feb. 6.
Matt Beeken
Eastern Montgomery High School
Math Instructional Coach
Scholastic Bowl Coach (2022 - ??)
mbeeken AT mcps DOT org
tmcavoy
Lulu

Post by tmcavoy »

Southern Empire Conference 39 will be represented at the Region 2A West tournament by champion Tazewell and runner-up Marion.
Tom McAvoy
tmcavoy
Lulu

Post by tmcavoy »

Tazewell is going to the State Championship Tournament as the Region 2A West runner-up.
Wise-Central is the 2A West Champion and will also be at Williamsburg.
Tom McAvoy
mithokie
Rikku

Post by mithokie »

Region 3A-West
Champions: Cave Spring
Runner-Up: Western Albemarle
Matt Beeken
Eastern Montgomery High School
Math Instructional Coach
Scholastic Bowl Coach (2022 - ??)
mbeeken AT mcps DOT org
Madoc
Lulu

Post by Madoc »

From 1A West:
Conference 45: Radford (1), Parry McCluer (2)
Conference 46: Galax (1), George Wythe - Wytheville (2)
Conference 47: Northwood (1), Honaker (2)
Conference 48: J.I. Burton (1), Eastside (2)

Round 1 of the 1A West Tournament (Feb 8th or Feb 12th, depending on the weather):
Radford vs. Eastside; Galax vs. Honaker; Burton vs. Parry McCluer; Northwood vs. George Wythe
Charlie Perkins
Coach - Honaker High School 2015-2021
W&M 2014