announcing BGA Fall Invitational Tournament (Franklin, TN)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
leahvic10
Lulu

announcing BGA Fall Invitational Tournament (Franklin, TN)

Post by leahvic10 »

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the first annual Quiz Bowl Battle Ground: BGA Fall Invitational Tournament will be held at Battle Ground Academy in Franklin, Tennessee on Saturday, November 5th, 2016. For our first tournament in order to help our new readers out, we will be using an NAQT A set. Each round will consist of 20 toss-ups followed by a 3-part bonus that will bounce back. This will be an NAQT/HSNCT qualifying tournament.

The tournament will consist of pool play in the morning rounds followed by a single elimination playoff. Our initial cap for teams will be 30.

We will have a hospitality breakfast room for coaches, but lunch will be off-campus. BGA is located in close proximity to plenty of places for lunch in the Cool Springs area.

The fee is $60 per team. Further details and a registration form will be emailed to all area coaches in August. If you have any questions at this time or would like to reserve your spot early, please email me at [email protected]. We hope to have a great tournament. See you soon!
Last edited by leahvic10 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leah Handelsman
English Department Chair
Quiz Bowl Coach
Battle Ground Academy
Franklin, TN
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: announcing BGA Fall Invitational Tournament (Franklin, T

Post by Important Bird Area »

leahvic10 wrote:For our first tournament, we will be using a NAQT Invitational set.
This will be Invitational Series #161A.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
leahvic10
Lulu

Re: announcing BGA Fall Invitational Tournament (Franklin, T

Post by leahvic10 »

Actually, it won't. I just found out that NAQT cannot have an invitational set ready for us in time, so we will have to use an A set this time. I will need to amend my original post.
Thanks!
Leah Handelsman
English Department Chair
Quiz Bowl Coach
Battle Ground Academy
Franklin, TN
leahvic10
Lulu

BGA tourney registration (Franklin, TN 11/5/16)

Post by leahvic10 »

Good afternoon, quiz bowl coaches!

I'd like to invite your schools to participate in BGA's first Quiz Bowl tournament on November 5, 2016 at Battle Ground Academy in Franklin, TN.

The tournament will be an NAQT-style tournament with 20 tossups/bonuses, no powers or negs. Because this is our first tournament, we'll be giving our readers a break by using an Invitational A set: specifically Invitational Series # 161A.

The cost will be $60 per team with a $5 discount for each school bringing a buzzer system and an additional $5 discount for long-distance travel (over 100 miles).

You can mail your registration check, or you can bring it when you come. We will hand out schedules and other information beginning at 7:45 until the coaches' meeting at 8:30 in the hospitality room.

Lunch will not be provided, but BGA is located in the Cool Springs area of Franklin which means there's food everywhere and close to us.

We're limiting the tournament to 30 teams, so please do not delay in registering if you're interested in coming. You may register here: https://docs.google.com/a/mybga.org/for ... 3cZ0A/edit

Please let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on our campus on Nov. 5!

Leah Handelsman
BGA Quiz Bowl Coach
Leah Handelsman
English Department Chair
Quiz Bowl Coach
Battle Ground Academy
Franklin, TN
leahvic10
Lulu

Field Update Quiz Bowl Battle Ground, 11/5 Franklin, TN

Post by leahvic10 »

Hi, everyone.
We still have a few available spots for the high school tournament at Battle Ground Academy on 11/5 in Franklin, TN. We're about 15-20 minutes south of Nashville. We'll be using IS 161-A.

Here is the registration link if you're interested:

https://docs.google.com/a/mybga.org/for ... 3cZ0A/edit

And here are the registered schools so far:

University School of Nashville
Hume-Fogg
Merrol Hyde
Ezell-Harding
Glasgow
Cookeville
Portland
Central Magnet
White County