CO 2017 Team Formation

Old college threads.
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

CO 2017 Team Formation

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

The arms race continues and people have already formed CO teams. Let's not keep this in the dark:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Auron

Re: CO 2017 Team Formation

Post by Good Goblin Housekeeping »

21 year old hetero male looking for teammates who know more than him and will tolerate post ftp negs of science tus
Andrew Wang
Illinois 2016
Eddie
Rikku

Post by Eddie »

I'm not entirely sure if I can attend at this point in time (about 50% certainty), but I'm interested in playing and I'm looking for teammates. I can get dank buzzes on auditory arts and less dank buzzes on mythology and no buzzes on literally everything else.
Eddie
he/him/his/hine
UCSD, UCLA
wcheng
Wakka

Post by wcheng »

I would definitely like to attend CO 2017, which would be my first ever CO. If you're interested in having a history/religion player on your team, feel free to PM me or send me an email at weijia05 at yahoo dot com.
Weijia Cheng (they/them)
Centennial '15
BS @ Maryland '18 (Fall)
MDiv @ BU '27
Rikku
Location: a vibrant metropolis, the equal of Paris or New York

Post by 1.82 »

wcheng wrote:I would definitely like to attend CO 2017, which would be my first ever CO. If you're interested in having a history/religion player on your team, feel free to PM me or send me an email at weijia05 at yahoo dot com.
Weijia knows things and will also write good questions promptly, so you should definitely take him for your team.
Naveed Chowdhury
Maryland '16
Georgia Tech '17
Harpie's Feather Duster
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Harpie's Feather Duster »

I don't see why I won't play CO again.

Don't expect me to get sick buzzes in large quantities, but I'm an ok enough surface generalist at this level that I'll get a decent amount of points. Looking for a fun group of people that can win a few games, especially if we've never teamed up before.
Dylan Minarik

Hamburger University 'XX
Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

Member Emeritus, PACE

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer
Perturbed Secretary Bird
Wakka

Post by Perturbed Secretary Bird »

High holy heck it's early, so I don't even know if I'll be in the country next summer at this point. But if I am in the US/ can cheaply get to Chicago I sure will. I do lit, vis arts, and now, post-CO-2016, religion (plus a new, improved grasp of architecture and photography).
Athena Kern
They/them/theirs
Washington University in St. Louis, MSW '19-'21
University of Chicago Class of '18, Team VP '15-'17
P. L. Dunbar '14
PACE
$5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy
Lulu

Post by $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy »

I'd definitely like to take a crack at CO should I be able to make it and I don't see why I wouldn't be able to at this point. I "know" science (not cs though) and Judaism, and not a whole lot else at this difficulty. Let me know if you're interested in my mediocre offerings.
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
Camille Palkia
Lulu

Post by Camille Palkia »

Nothing will deter me from playing CO. Despite what preconceived notions some people or editors may have, my questions are not as terrible as they used to be. I smell nice and and I'm fun to be around. If you're lucky there will be snacks. Thanks for your consideration.
Foster Hughes
(Former) University of Minnesota, in hiding
cool dude
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

JOIN ME OR DIE CAN YOU DO ANY LESS
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
vengefulsweatermensch
Wakka

Post by vengefulsweatermensch »

Hey, I'll probably play CO in 2017. I'm good at American history, film, and some other scattered stuff.

I am also quite handsome. You want me on your team.
Nathan Weiser
LASA '14, Stanford '18, Stanford Law '24
AsherJ
Lulu

Post by AsherJ »

I likely will play this. I will almost certainly get some stuff based on my adequate skills in low level generalism. Nobody can out-moderately underachieve my underwhelming knowledge base...except me of course (BWAHAHAHA). As far as my aforementioned "achievements" go, I was in the top four players of any quizbowl team I've ever played on, have won every game that my team has scored more points that the other, and have completed almost every tournament that I have started. Shan Kothari, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player, has referred to me as "Jason", and Sam Bailey, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player has referred to me as "you". As president of the University of Minnesota quizbowl team, I can get every question on the University of Minnesota Student Activities' Office reimbursement forms and also the process of renting a university vehicle from Fleet Services. How will this help at CO? How naive to think that it wouldn't...are you the editors? Depending who you are, you may be, but let's remember that "you" is me as put once by Sam Bailey, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player. In summation, I promise to quiz"bowl" my way to a perfect strike.
Jason Asher
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 2018
Adlai E. Stevenson High School 2014
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

AsherJ wrote:I likely will play this. I will almost certainly get some stuff based on my adequate skills in low level generalism. Nobody can out-moderately underachieve my underwhelming knowledge base...except me of course (BWAHAHAHA). As far as my aforementioned "achievements" go, I was in the top four players of any quizbowl team I've ever played on, have won every game that my team has scored more points that the other, and have completed almost every tournament that I have started. Shan Kothari, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player, has referred to me as "Jason", and Sam Bailey, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player has referred to me as "you". As president of the University of Minnesota quizbowl team, I can get every question on the University of Minnesota Student Activities' Office reimbursement forms and also the process of renting a university vehicle from Fleet Services. How will this help at CO? How naive to think that it wouldn't...are you the editors? Depending who you are, you may be, but let's remember that "you" is me as put once by Sam Bailey, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player. In summation, I promise to quiz"bowl" my way to a perfect strike.
Jason is cool, even though this post would reasonably suggest otherwise.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

That post is vintage Jason.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
No Rules Westbrook
Auron

Post by No Rules Westbrook »

Good lookin' out, Rob.
Ryan Westbrook, no affiliation whatsoever.

I am pure energy...and as ancient as the cosmos. Feeble creatures, GO!

Left here since birth...forgotten in the river of time...I've had an eternity to...ponder the meaning of things...and now I have an answer!
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

Auks Ran Ova wrote:
AsherJ wrote:I likely will play this. I will almost certainly get some stuff based on my adequate skills in low level generalism. Nobody can out-moderately underachieve my underwhelming knowledge base...except me of course (BWAHAHAHA). As far as my aforementioned "achievements" go, I was in the top four players of any quizbowl team I've ever played on, have won every game that my team has scored more points that the other, and have completed almost every tournament that I have started. Shan Kothari, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player, has referred to me as "Jason", and Sam Bailey, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player has referred to me as "you". As president of the University of Minnesota quizbowl team, I can get every question on the University of Minnesota Student Activities' Office reimbursement forms and also the process of renting a university vehicle from Fleet Services. How will this help at CO? How naive to think that it wouldn't...are you the editors? Depending who you are, you may be, but let's remember that "you" is me as put once by Sam Bailey, noted University of Minnesota quizbowl player. In summation, I promise to quiz"bowl" my way to a perfect strike.
Jason is cool, even though this post would reasonably suggest otherwise.
This is also what Jason's emails about practice read like, which is why I haven't attended this semester.
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
Michigan State University '14
University of Minnesota '20
AsherJ
Lulu

Post by AsherJ »

I thought it was because you were scanning leaves incessantly...?
Jason Asher
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 2018
Adlai E. Stevenson High School 2014
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Let's stay on topic, everyone.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Is the topic "how big a dufus Jason is"?
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
John Ketzkorn
Wakka

Post by John Ketzkorn »

So I meant to post much earlier, but I haven't had a lot of free time. ANYWAY, if you need someone who is mildly good at literature and can sometimes make buzzes in other categories, I'm your guy (also I'm pretty good about getting my stuff written in a timely manner).
Michael Etzkorn
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy '16
UIUC '21
Jem Casey
Wakka

Post by Jem Casey »

Hey, put Weijia Cheng on your CO team! I can pretty much guarantee that he'll get every religion question you don't neg him out of, plus lots of history, econ, and other random things.
Jordan Brownstein
UMD '17
magin
Auron

Post by magin »

I just discovered that I can make CO this year, so if you want a humanities player and/or need someone to write a bunch of questions for your packet, shoot me an email.
Jonathan Magin
Montgomery Blair HS '04, University of Maryland '08
Editor: ACF

"noted difficulty controller"
vinteuil
Auron

Post by vinteuil »

magin wrote:I just discovered that I can make CO this year, so if you want a humanities player and/or need someone to write a bunch of questions for your packet, shoot me an email.
Due to an unfortunate scheduling conflict, Eric has had to drop from our team, so we're now playing with Jonathan.
Jacob R., ex-Chicago
nsb2
Lulu

Post by nsb2 »

I'm a recently graduated HS senior who can probably 10 a few things in fine arts and Roman history. Basically if you're looking to have fun (possibly try a little bit) and need a teammate, I'd love to play.
Pranav Sivakumar
Barrington Station MS '13, Barrington High School --> IMSA '17
UC Berkeley '21