Carrboro Cup- Saturday, October 15th, 2016, Carrboro NC

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
chsquizbowl
Kimahri

Carrboro Cup- Saturday, October 15th, 2016, Carrboro NC

Post by chsquizbowl »

Hello everyone,

Carrboro High School will be hosting a tournament on Saturday, October 15th, three weeks from now. Information on the tournament follows:

Format:

The format depends on how many teams sign up, but we will most likely be doing pool play first and then move into qualifying matches midway through with seeding based on the results from pool play

Payment:

The base fee for entry is $65 per team, with a $10 discount for a staffer and an additional $10 for each fully-functional buzzer system you bring. We only have one buzzer system so it is very important that you bring a system if you can. Email me at [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you would like to bring.

Please make checks out to Carrboro High School, with CHS Quiz Bowl as the memo. You may pay either on the day of the tournament or mail your check before the tournament to the following address:

CHS
201 Rockhaven Rd.

Carrboro, NC, 27510
Attn: Melissa Barry

Food:

We will not be providing food but we will provide directions to nearby restaurants (unfortunately there are none within reasonable walking distance) on or before the day of the tournament.

We hope to see you there,

Max Randall
President of CHS Quiz Bowl
Last edited by chsquizbowl on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Max Randall
Carrboro High School Quiz Bowl Manager/Captain
[email protected]
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Carrboro Cup- Saturday, October 15th. 2016

Post by Important Bird Area »

This tournament will use NAQT Invitational Series #157A.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
chsquizbowl
Kimahri

Re: Carrboro Cup- Saturday, October 15th, 2016, Carrboro NC

Post by chsquizbowl »

Only two teams have expressed interest with less than a week to go, so we need more teams if the tournament is going to happen.
Max Randall
Carrboro High School Quiz Bowl Manager/Captain
[email protected]