11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational- Dayton, OH (12/3/16)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
djones
Wakka

11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational- Dayton, OH (12/3/16)

Post by djones »

The 11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational will take place at Northmont High School, Clayton, OH on Saturday, December 3, 2016. We will use NAQT set IS-160.

The initial field cap will be 36 teams, but I will try to open that up if there is interest and I can secure enough competent readers. Each year, this tournament draws an excellent field from Ohio, Kentucky and surrounding states, and we would love to have a large field again this year.

Teams will be broken into 6 preliminary brackets of 6 teams each and will play a round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 6 brackets of 6 to play another round robin, with the top 12 teams at the conclusion of preliminary play being eligible for the tournament championship. A championship match will be played between the winners of the two championship flights in the afternoon. All teams are guaranteed at least 10 games.

FEES:
First Team: $65
Each Additional Team: $55
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
MODERATOR DISCOUNT: -$10 for a competent moderator. Please let me know in advance if you are planning to claim this discount. Given that this tournament draws a strong field each year and we want the best possible readers available, we may deny some requests.
FIRST TIME ATTENDEE: -$25. If your team has not attended the Rowdy Raider Invitational in the past, you can claim this discount.

To register or for more information, please email djones [AT] northmontschools [DOT] net. I hope to see you in Ohio this December!!
Last edited by djones on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
djones
Wakka

Re: 11th Annual Rowdy Raider Invitational- Dayton, OH (12/3/

Post by djones »

Reserved for Field Update:

Registered (28 teams):
Beavercreek (2)
Ben Logan
Copley
Dublin Scioto
Fisher Catholic (2)
Little Miami (4)
Mason
Miami Valley School (2)
Northmont (2)
Olentangy Liberty
Olmsted Falls
Sidney (3)
Solon (3)
St. Charles (3)
Tippecanoe
Last edited by djones on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Registrations went out today and we are starting to fill the field. Would love to have more out of state teams this year make the trip to Dayton!
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Field is now full. We will hold a waiting list for the next week if any teams are interested, I will try to secure additional moderators.
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Here is a link to the final tournament results: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/3814/

Top Eight Finishers:
(1) Dublin Scioto (10-1)
(2) Sidney (9-2)
(T3) Beavercreek, Miami Valley, Fisher Catholic, Copley (8-2)
(T7) Northmont, Solon (7-3)

Thanks to everyone who attended!
David Jones