NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia: 2/4/17

Old college threads.
Beevor Feevor
Rikku

NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia: 2/4/17

Post by Beevor Feevor »

The University of Virginia Academic Competition Club is proud to announce that the 2017 Mid-Atlantic Sectional Championship Tournament (SCT) will be taking place at the University of Virginia on Saturday, February 4th, 2017. This tournament is open to all college teams, and will be a qualifier for the 2017 ICT, which will take place at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, IL, on April 8th, 2017. All matches will take place in New Cabell Hall, and the control room will be posted here and sent to teams once rooms are confirmed.

Registration
To register for this tournament, please click here!

Eligibility
Please refer to NAQT's eligibility rules in order to determine which Division your school's teams should register for.

Fees
The fee structure is located here, but is reprinted below for your viewing convenience.

Base fee: $125/team
Additional teams per school: $100/additional team
Buzzer discount: -$10/buzzer set
Clock discount: -$5/clock
New school discount (no SCT, ICT, or CCCT attendance for two years): -$20/team
Staff discount: -$30/staffer

The minimum fee per team will be $40. We will accept only cash or checks from attending teams. Please let me know if your school requires an invoice or a W-9 prior to the tournament.

Parking
There is a decent-sized parking lot quite close to New Cabell. An address you can plug into a GPS that will get you close to this lot is 400 Brandon Avenue, Charlottesville, VA. That address is for the Elson Student Health Center, which will be on your left as you turn onto Brandon from Jefferson Park Avenue. The lot suggested is past Student Health on Brandon Ave and will be on the right. Once you've parked, New Cabell Hall is the very large building across Jefferson Park Avenue. If you cross the street at JPA and Brandon, turn left and walk up the ramp or stairs to the side door of the building, which will put you on the first floor on the right side of the building. Both stairs and an elevator are accessible from this entrance.

I will be the primary contact and tournament director for this tournament. If you have any questions, please contact me, Eric Xu, at [email protected]. We hope to see you all at UVa this February!
Eric Xu
Western Albemarle '15
Virginia '19
Harvard '23
Coach Jim
Lulu

Re: NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia: 2/4/17

Post by Coach Jim »

Will you be posting a field of teams, so we will know who we are playing against?
Jim Nutter
QB Coach
Liberty University
Big South champions (2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018)
QB Nationals (2014, 2015, & 2021)
Rikku
Location: a vibrant metropolis, the equal of Paris or New York

Post by 1.82 »

Coach Jim wrote:Will you be posting a field of teams, so we will know who we are playing against?
A current field list is available here.
Naveed Chowdhury
Maryland '16
Georgia Tech '17
Beevor Feevor
Rikku

Post by Beevor Feevor »

Our Lady Peace wrote:
Coach Jim wrote:Will you be posting a field of teams, so we will know who we are playing against?
A current field list is available here.
Yes, and to add on to that, we are currently capped out at 28 total teams for the field due to UVa's sudden and inane change to how room reservations work. Essentially, we currently have 14 rooms available and are working hard to get another one for stats. Because our field consists of 10 D-I teams and 19 D-II teams, if any D-II team is considering dropping sometime soon, please let me know ASAP so that we can get the schedule looking nicer than it currently does.
Eric Xu
Western Albemarle '15
Virginia '19
Harvard '23
RexSueciae
Tidus

Post by RexSueciae »

Stats! Congratulations to Maryland A (DI) and Delaware (DII), who won their respective divisions!

We had book prizes for individual scorers and for the winning teams. We were not able to get Delaware their book prizes. If Delaware folks are in the area at some point in the future, I can give them their book prizes.

There are two (2) clocks that we received which were not reclaimed at the end of the day. If you brought a clock to SCT (presumably for a discount) and have since found that you are not currently in possession of a clock, we probably have it. Neither of our currently owned clocks are from VCU, which brought several, but that's all I know.

Thank you to everybody who came out to play or staff!
Vasa Clarke

Maggie Walker '14
Virginia '18
William and Mary '21