Cottage Bowl 3 at WUSTL (7/8/17)

Old college threads.
Charbroil
Auron

Cottage Bowl 3 at WUSTL (7/8/17)

Post by Charbroil »

Hello, everyone! I'm pleased to announce that we will also be hosting a mirror of the Cottage Bowl trash tournament after our NASAT mirror. I, Charles Hang, will be directing it.

Registration

To register, please e-mail us at [email protected] with the following information:

1/ How many teams you will bring.
2/ How many buzzers you will bring.
3/ How many players you will have, as well as their names.
4/ How many staff (moderators and scorekeepers) you will bring.

Please form and register a team before the event. A team formation spreadsheet is available here.

Fee Structure

$10/player

We will be ordering pizza to eat between the academic and trash events. There a $4 per person charge if you want pizza.

We are willing to make accommodations if a team has trouble paying and wishes to arrange a payment plan, etc.

Please make checks out to "Washington University Academic Team;" we can also take cash but prefer checks.

The tournament will be in Eads Hall. Parking is plentiful.

Time

We will begin around 4-5 PM. Please show up by 4 for this tournament, or get in touch with me by phone if you know you can't make it on time. I will send out a tournament information email with my phone number before the tournament.

We will end the tournament around 8, depending on how many rounds we play (which depends on how many teams sign up).

Tournament Format

We only have 6 packets, so for numbers of teams that are multiples of 4, we will probably do preliminary brackets of 4 teams, followed by playoffs brackets of 4 teams. If we have 6 teams, we will probably do a round robin, followed by a final if 2 teams are tied.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Charbroil
Auron

Re: Cottage Bowl 3 at WUSTL (7/8/17)

Post by Charbroil »

Field (To Be Updated As Teams Register)

Yongary Glen Ross (Kyle Hill, Stephanie Hull, David Dennis, Peter Kahn)
"The BHSU That Couldn't Slow Down" (Rob Carson, Tejas Raje, Dylan Minarik, and Auroni Gupta)
Tirth et al. (2017) (Tirth Patel, Collin Nadarajah)
"Negging Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" (Eliza Grames, Mike Etzkorn, Halle Friedman, Aishwarya Mogulothu)
Sean Phillibecky (Sean Phillips, Andy Walz, Jeremy White, Alex Dzurick)
Intelligent Slug Information Society (Ganon Evans, Matt Chalem, Cyrus Zhou)
Charles Hang

Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Charbroil
Auron

Re: Cottage Bowl 3 at WUSTL (7/8/17)

Post by Charbroil »

We played a 5 game single round robin, followed by a 1-round playoff between the top 2 teams, the middle 2 teams, and the bottom 2 teams. Teams "The BHSU That Couldn't Slow Down" and "Sean Phillibecky" both went 5-1, but since the former team had a higher PPG, we awarded them the championship.

Stats for the tournament are here.
Charles Hang