ACF Fall 2017 at Stanford, 11/4

Old college threads.
Saltasassi
Lulu

ACF Fall 2017 at Stanford, 11/4

Post by Saltasassi »

The Stanford Quiz Bowl Club is pleased to announce the Northern California mirror of the 2017 iteration of ACF Fall, brought to you by Jonathan Magin and friends (including me!), on Saturday, November 4, 2017. Here is the original ACF Fall announcement: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=20229

Please register using this Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform
Additionally, please update me on your registration status by posting in this thread or sending me an email ([email protected]) so I can keep the field up-to-date.

Here's pricing and packet submission information, as per the original tournament announcement:

Cost
Base fee: $135
Shorthanded fee (teams of 1 or 2 players): $60
Buzzer discount: -$5/functional system
Staffer discount: -$10/staffer
"New to Quizbowl" discount: -$100

Packets
Any team with at least two people on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament prior to September 1, 2016 is required to submit a half-packet, unless it is a high school team attending a high school-only mirror. If you have any questions about your team's submission status, please send an email to [email protected].

The submission schedule is as follows.
September 9: -$30
September 23: -$15 (-$30 if optional)
October 7: no penalty (-$15 if optional)
October 14: +$25
October 21: +$50
Further penalty for packets later than October 21.

If you have any questions about ACF Fall in general, please email [email protected]. For questions about the Northern California mirror in particular, email me at [email protected].

We look forward to seeing you at our tournament!

Current field (# of teams/buzzers/staff):
Jennie Yang
Fremd 2015
Stanford 2019 + 2020
t-bar
Tidus

Re: ACF Fall 2017 at Stanford, 11/4

Post by t-bar »

I see that the posted results, labeled "Round Robin," have Berkeley A leading the field by two games. Were there any more games played after this?
Stephen Eltinge
Then: TJ, MIT, Yale, PACE, NAQT
Now: ACF
njsbling
Rikku

Re: ACF Fall 2017 at Stanford, 11/4

Post by njsbling »

t-bar wrote:I see that the posted results, labeled "Round Robin," have Berkeley A leading the field by two games. Were there any more games played after this?
No. The tournament consisted only of the round robin (since a finals match was not needed).
Nicholas Karas
Atlanta, Georgia
Member, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
californiacupquizbowl (at) gmail (dot) com