James Blair Bowl II @ William and Mary Feb. 10 2018

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jdcole
Lulu

James Blair Bowl II @ William and Mary Feb. 10 2018

Post by jdcole »

James Blair Bowl

The College of William and Mary Quizbowl team is happy to announce our second High School tournament, James Blair Bowl II. It is scheduled for Saturday, February 10th 2018. The tournament is open to all High School teams.
The Questions are house-written by members of the William and Mary team in the standard 20-20 tossup/bonus format. All questions will be made available to participating teams at the tournament’s end.
As of right now we are capping the number of teams at 18 but we may open it to more depending on the number of moderators we get. Prizes will be given to top ten scorers and the neg queen/king at the tournament’s end.
Registration will be $70 for each school’s first team and $50 for additional teams. There will be no limit to the number of teams per school.
There will be a $5 discount for every fully functional buzzer system brought by a school.
There will be a $5 discount for every moderator/scorekeeper provided by a school.
There will be a $10 discount for every school that must travel more than 150 miles to attend the tournament.
The minimum fee is $40.
Teams may have up to four individuals during play and no more than six total. Alternates will be allowed to switch out with other players during the half of every round. If a team would have more than six players a second team must be registered to accommodate their extra players.
Our distribution will be:
(Tossups/Bonuses)
4/4 History
4/4 Literature
4/4 Science
2/2 Fine Arts
2/2 Religion/Myth/Philosophy
1/1 Psych/Soc/Anthro
1/1 Government/Language/Econ
1/1 Geography
1/1 Pop Culture
Each packet will also come with two random tie-braker tossups and bonuses.
To register please contact James Cole at [email protected]
Last edited by jdcole on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Cole
William and Mary
SpanishSpy
Wakka

Re: James Blair Bowl II @ William and Mary

Post by SpanishSpy »

For the record I can also be contacted regarding this tournament as I am on the William & Mary team. I can be PMed here or emailed at [email protected]
Alex Wallace
Washington-Lee High School Class of 2015
College of William & Mary Class of 2019
Robbie Ram
Wakka

Re: James Blair Bowl II @ William and Mary

Post by Robbie Ram »

Can I suggest you put the date in the tournament thread header (per http://www.hsquizbowl.org) posting guidelines? That should help you attract registrations.
Michael P. Campana
Coach/sponsor, Quiz Bowl Club
Mark Twain Middle School
Alexandria, VA
jdcole
Lulu

Re: James Blair Bowl II @ William and Mary Feb. 10 2018

Post by jdcole »

Will do! Thanks
James Cole
William and Mary
c*t
Wakka

Post by c*t »

Could we get a field update for this?
Catherine Qian (she/her/hers)
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School '18
University of Pennsylvania '22
Secretary, PACE
jdcole
Lulu

Post by jdcole »

Certainly, as of right now we have ten teams registered

Hickory High School A
Hickory High School B
Hickory High School C
New Horizons A
New Horizons B
Home School Out of the Box A
Freeman High School A
Maggie Walker A
Maggie Walker B
New Kent A
James Cole
William and Mary
jdcole
Lulu

Post by jdcole »

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to James Blair Bowl II yesterday. We had a great turnout and I hope you all had fun playing on our housewrite. If you played at the tournament and liked our set please let us know! We will be offering it for mirror here in the next few weeks once we finalize a few last minute changes.
Congratulations to Maggie Walker A for bringing home first place! The team went undefeated the whole tournament. I'd also like to thank New Horizons, New Kent, Hickory High School, and NKA Collective for coming out to play. We hope to see you all at our future tournaments. Final stats can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... standings/
We will post the set after all mirrors have been played. If you are interested in mirroring feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks again!
James Cole
William and Mary