2018 ACF Regionals @ University of Connecticut (1/20/18)

Old college threads.
eliza.grames
Wakka

2018 ACF Regionals @ University of Connecticut (1/20/18)

Post by eliza.grames »

UConn is hosting the Northeast mirror of 2018 ACF Regionals on January 20th, 2018. I will co-TD the tournament with Ben Watson.

Packet Submission
Any team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament (either as a college student or as a high school student) prior to September 1, 2016 is required to submit a half-packet. House teams from host schools, as well as teams composed of people who have not played regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournaments prior to September 1, 2016, are not required to submit a half-packet. More information about the set and packet submission deadlines can be found in the main announcement.

Registration
Registration for this tournament can be done by filling out the official ACF registration form.

Registration will close on Tuesday, January 16th.

Payment
Payment for ACF Fall will be processed through the ACF Treasurer, Gautam Kandlikar. Please contact Gautam at [email protected] with any questions regarding payment. Don't ask me about payment because my answer will be "I don't know, ask Gautam."

Base fee: $135
Buzzer: -$5/functional system
Staffers: -$20/moderator
Shorthanded fee (teams of 1 or 2 players): $60
New to quizbowl discount: -$100

Logistics
This tournament will take place in Monteith Hall. There is free parking on campus on weekends; teams should try to park in S Lot or on Horsebarn Hill. Teams should meet in Monteith 113 between 8:30-8:50. Games will begin at 9am.

Current field (teams/buzzers/staffers)
NYU 1/1/0
Boston College 1/1/0
Columbia 3/3/0
MIT 2/1/0
Yale 4/1/1
Brandeis 1/0/0
Bowdoin 1/0/0
Harvard 3/2/0
Amherst 1/0/0

If you have questions, please email me at [email protected].
Last edited by eliza.grames on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Eliza Grames
University of Minnesota '13
University of Connecticut '21
eliza.grames
Wakka

Re: 2018 ACF Regionals @ University of Connecticut (1/20/18)

Post by eliza.grames »

With Amherst's registration, we now have 17 teams for this site and the field is closed.

Just kidding - Yale D is blind to packets, so they're taking the spot of the house team since it won't disrupt the schedule at all.
Eliza Grames
University of Minnesota '13
University of Connecticut '21