2018 ACF Regionals @ University of Virginia

Old college threads.
kevont_2
Kimahri

2018 ACF Regionals @ University of Virginia

Post by kevont_2 »

The University of Virginia Academic Competition Club is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the Mid-Atlantic Mirror of 2018 ACF Regionals on January 20, 2018. I, Kevon Turnamian, will be the Tournament Director. My email is [email protected].

PACKET SUBMISSION:
Any team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament* (either as a college student or as a high school student) prior to September 1, 2016 is required to submit a half-packet. House teams from host schools, as well as teams composed of people who have not played regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournaments prior to September 1, 2016, are not required to submit a half-packet. More info on packet submission can be found in the main announcement:
http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... ls#p331585

FEES
Base fee: $135
Buzzer: -$5/functional system
Staffers: -$10/staffer
Shorthanded fee (teams of 1 or 2 players): $60
New to quizbowl discount: -$100

We look forward to seeing you at the tournament in January!

A running field will be kept below:

Field (teams, buzzers, staffers, shorthanded, new)
Kevon Turnamian
Virginia
kevont_2
Kimahri

Re: 2018 ACF Regionals @ University of Virginia

Post by kevont_2 »

Field (teams, buzzers, staffers, shorthanded, new)
Duke(1/2/0/0/0)
Georgetown(3/1/0/0/0)
Liberty(3/2/0/0/0)
NC State(1/1/0/0/0)
Maryland(3/1/0/0/0)
UNC(1/0/0/0/0)
Virginia Tech(2/2/0/0/0)
Washington & Lee (1/1/0/0/0)
Kevon Turnamian
Virginia
wcheng
Wakka

Post by wcheng »

Thank you to Virginia for running a great tournament! Although the first round took a while to begin, the subsequent rounds ran really smoothly and it didn't seem like the tournament ran late at all.
Weijia Cheng (they/them)
Centennial '15
BS @ Maryland '18 (Fall)
MDiv @ BU '27
kevont_2
Kimahri

Post by kevont_2 »

Thank you to all the teams who came to our mirror of Regionals on Saturday! I want to congratulate Maryland A for winning the tournament in the second game of an advantaged final against Duke. Duke won our Undergraduate Championship by advancing the furthest of all of the Undergrad teams. NC State won our Division II by being the only D II team to make the top bracket.

Thank you to everyone who staffed this event, especially Eric Xu who offered invaluable assistance and guidance all day. I'd also like to thank Ophir Lifshitz for coming to staff our site and for creating the scorekeeping sheets that were used across all locations of this tournament. They were extremely easy to use and gave great insights into how the games were progressing and how questions were played.

I provided four stat reports for this tournament, which can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/4829/
The stat reports include all games, only morning games, only afternoon games, and only games used for the final standings. The final standings were as follows:
1. Maryland A
2. Duke
3. UNC
4. Maryland B
5. Georgetown A
6. NC State
7. Virginia Tech A
8. Liberty A
9. Maryland C
10. Liberty B
11. Georgetown B
12. Washington & Lee