The UCSD quizbowl team will host an open mirror of WAO II, to be held at UCSD on Saturday, February 17th, 2018.
The tournament will be run on WAO II.
Any new schools (a school that did not play a tournament in the 2016-2017 season) will pay a flat $80 per team.
Regular school teams:
$140 per team if no packet was submitted
$70 per team if a packet was submitted
Open teams (including chimera teams):
$170 per team if no packet was submitted
$120 per team if a packet was submitted
Teams of more than 6 players will not be accepted
High schools will be allowed to play, but chimera high school teams will count as open teams.
- $5 per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)
- $10 per experienced moderator that provides their own laptop or tablet capable of editing Google Sheets
- $5 per 50 miles traveled one-way per team
$70 for team
How to Register:
More logistics information will be provided closer to the date of the tournament to teams that are registered. To register (or if you have any questions), email us at email@example.com with:
1. How many teams you expect to bring (include a request for waitlisted teams)
2. The number of buzzers and/or moderators that you can provide
3. A contact email and phone number
4. Additional discounts (new school or distance)
5. Final expected cost (without waitlisted teams)
Please include the name of the tournament as well as your school in the subject of the email. e.g. "UCSD registration for WAO II"
We are implementing a field cap of 10 teams. Any additional will go onto a wait list. If we can expand the field cap, teams on the wait list will be let off no sooner than 1 week before the tournament.
This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
1 post • Page 1 of 1