Good YouTube Channels for Studying

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jsugrue
Lulu

Good YouTube Channels for Studying

Post by jsugrue »

Some of my personal favorites are Extra History and Crash Course, but there's so much more out there than just those. What do you all think is good in the genre of YouTube education?
Jack Sugrue
Penn '23
Science Leadership Academy '19
SirMrGuy
Lulu

Re: Good YouTube Channels for Studying

Post by SirMrGuy »

As a science (mostly physics and math) player, Numberphile, Computerphile, SixtySymbols, and PBS Space Time are some of my personal favorites. I've also heard good things about PBS Eons and PBS Infinite Series, though I haven't watched them myself.
Steven Liu

Cedar Drive MS '15
High Tech '19
MIT '23
I do mathy stuff for Groger Ranks.

"I'm going insane because I miss Steven so much" -Michael Li
The Sawing-Off of Manhattan Island
Rikku

Post by The Sawing-Off of Manhattan Island »

SirMrGuy wrote:As a science (mostly physics and math) player, Numberphile, Computerphile, SixtySymbols, and PBS Space Time are some of my personal favorites. I've also heard good things about PBS Eons and PBS Infinite Series, though I haven't watched them myself.
Seconding PBS Infinite Series, it's really fun and will also get you some early math buzzes. Khan Academy's organic chem playlist is also surprisingly good at covering HS canon organic chem (given that you skip some of the example videos) and even does a couple important named reactions.
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Not overly helpful besides one category (although more valuable for trash), but I really like the Movieclips channel which for a lot of films contains 6-10 clips, usually (although not always) the more famous scenes (usually in chronological order). Those are helpful to get a feel for a film, the basic plot, famous visuals/lines of dialogue, etc. in a perhaps more appealing way than just reading a Wikipedia article but quicker than actually watching the whole movie. I've found that if I kind of know the movie's plot already, the playlist is like watching a 20-30 minute version of the movie (if I have no idea what the film is about, things can get incoherent, though).
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger