NAQT SCT at CU Boulder (2/9/19)

Old college threads.
Wartortullian
Rikku

NAQT SCT at CU Boulder (2/9/19)

Post by Wartortullian »

I'm pleased to announce that for the fourth year in a row, CU Boulder will host the Rocky Mountain site of NAQT's Sectional Championship Tournament. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Location and schedule:
The tournament will be held on Saturday, February 9 on the CU Boulder main campus, in the Hellems building. It will begin at 9:00 AM MST, and teams should arrive by 8:45.

Fees (set by NAQT):
Base fees: $125 for the first team from a school; $100 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:
$10 discount per working buzzer system (Buzzer systems must accommodate at least eight players and be able to recognize the individual who buzzed)
$40 discount per experienced moderator (Moderators must be familiar with NAQT rules and have experience moderating quizbowl matches, even if outside of a tournament setting)
$40 discount (per team) for schools "new to quizbowl" (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2018 or 2098)

Minimum fee per team (ignoring special arrangements): $50 for experienced schools, $30 for new schools.

Payment will be handled on the day of the tournament. If the fee structure described here poses a problem for your school, contact me and we'll work something out.

This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. The registration link will be posted shortly.

Current Field:
BYU A
BYU B
Colorado A
Colorado B
Colorado State
Kansas State A
Kansas State B
Kansas State C
Last edited by Wartortullian on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Matt
Wartortullian
Rikku

Re: NAQT SCT at CU Boulder (2/9/19)

Post by Wartortullian »

The post originally listed the wrong registration link. This has been fixed.
Matt
Wartortullian
Rikku

Re: NAQT SCT at CU Boulder (2/9/19)

Post by Wartortullian »

Thanks for coming, everyone. Congrats to BYU A, who defeated Colorado A in a one-game final.

Stats are here.
Matt