2021 Delta Burke - General Discussion!

Old college threads.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

2021 Delta Burke - General Discussion!

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Howdy! I'm looking forward to hearing any constructive or destructive criticism of the 2021 Delta Burke set.

Please keep in mind that the set is written to meet two potentially conflicting goals: to provide a good introduction to (non-NAQT) pyramidal quiz bowl to community college players, the vast majority of whom have no prior quiz bowl experience, but also to allow me a chance to offer some unusual and interesting opening clues that keep me interested in writing on much of the same people and subjects year after year. This sometimes means that some toss-ups have openers that wouldn't be out of place at a tournament approaching ACF Regionals difficulty while having a clue before FTP that would be easy for ACF Fall.

For bonuses, middle parts are expected to be easier than most middle parts at ACF Fall. I'll be curious to hear if people think we met that.

Thanks to Joseph Krol, Sean Farrell, Bradley Kirksey, Zach Foster, Michael Garn, and Peter Torres for helping write the set.

Fire away!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: General Discussion!

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Once again, lack of critical commentary makes clear that participants found this tournament was perfect in every way! I'm glad everyone agrees!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah