CMST II @ Toronto (Feb 25th 2023)

Old college threads.
skewit
Lulu

CMST II @ Toronto (Feb 25th 2023)

Post by skewit »

I am pleased to announce that the Eastern Canada site of CMST II will be hosted by the University of Toronto on Saturday, February 25th, 2023. We will have a tournament director.

This tournament will take place in-person, somewhere close-ish to campus. Games will begin at 9:00AM Eastern, with an opening meeting before that.

Eligibility
This is an open tournament; anyone in good standing with the community can play.

Registration
A team formation spreadsheet can be found here.

There is a four team field cap.

Fees
All listed fees are in CAD.

Base fee: $140 per attending team
Shorthanded discount (team of 1 to 2 players): -$70
Staffer discount: -$15 per experienced moderator with laptop
Distance discount: -$10 if most of your team has to travel more than 200 miles one way, according to Google Maps

Payment can be made to the University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club by e-transferring uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com. Please include "2023 CMST II" in your e-transfer message. If you are unable to e-transfer, please contact me at skylimail42 [AT] gmail [DOT] com for alternatives.

Rules
Standard mACF rules apply, except that we will be playing full 22/22 paсks. Additionally, powers will be worth 20 points, and negs will be penalized 0 points.

Mask Policy
As per club policy, we will be requiring that masks be worn at all times except when eating, drinking, or actively moderating a round.

If you have any questions about the tournament, please feel free to email uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com.
Sky Li (they/she/ʰᵉ)
ABRHS '18
Toronto '22, '24, ??
MMSANCHEZ
Lulu

Re: CMST II @ Toronto (Feb 25th 2023)

Post by MMSANCHEZ »

Can I get a field update?
Max Gedajlovic
University of British Columbia
skewit
Lulu

Post by skewit »

MMSANCHEZ wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:43 pm Can I get a field update?
IM Max Gedajlovic
Team (x3)
Sky Li (they/she/ʰᵉ)
ABRHS '18
Toronto '22, '24, ??
tonychen
Lulu

Post by tonychen »

Will buzzer discounts be offered at this tournament? Say, if one team were to bring a certain eight-limbed buzzer system...
Tony Chen
Western University '23
University of Toronto '26