QUADRUPLET: 8/19 online open DUOS II mirror MS Division

This is the place for middle school quizbowl of all types.
Ocean=Soup
Lulu

QUADRUPLET: 8/19 online open DUOS II mirror MS Division

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Hi, I'm pleased to announce Quadruple Unionized Academic Duos ii playeRs Undertaking Puzzling Lucrative Electronic Tournament (QUADRUPLET), an open Middle School tournament running Online on August 19th.

Eligibility:
Participants do not need to be from the same school, the only requirement is that they are in the Middle School class of 2023 or younger. This tournament is also not region restricted so anyone is welcome to play. Teams can have 1-6 players though only 4 players may be active at a time.

Format:
This tournament is running on DUOS II a hs regs+ level set with full set info here viewtopic.php?t=26205. This tournament will have 2 divisions an HS division and an MS division. The field is currently capped at 16 teams but if we get enough staffers we are open to increasing the field size. This tournament will be held over Discord and cameras will be required to be on during this tournament with at least one hand visible to prevent cheating.

The HS Division can be found here viewtopic.php?p=395909#p395909

Times:
This tournament will start at 9:30 EST. We will stop for lunch at 12:30 EST and we plan for this tournament to end no later than 5:30 EST.

Fees:
The fee per team will be 80$. We will also be offering a short handed discount so teams with only 1-2 players will pay a fee of 50$. Payment info will be sent in a confirmation email. There will be a 25$ staffer discount. (Please note that if cost is an issue for your team, please reach out to me and we can work something out. This tournament is meant to be a fun summer tournament)

To register fill out this google form https://forms.gle/ocxUMiirUsz24YmE6. Team formation may be done here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing though keep in mind you are not registered until you fill out the google form. If someone does not have a team they may sign up as a free agent.

Staffing:
Staffers will be paid 25$ for staffing the whole tournament. If you wish to staff please fill out this google form https://forms.gle/atYgb2VWVzpLHyMd8

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected] or at oceanequalssoup on discord
Last edited by Ocean=Soup on Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melody Zou,

Jonas Clarke Middle School Co-Captain 23'
(Hopefully) Lexington High School 27'

It was great to see everyone at MSNCT!!!! I'm excited to see people at HSNCT

(Teach me Hindu myth please)

Account formerly: Clarke_Middle_School
Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Re: QUADRUPLET: 8/19 online open DUOS II mirror

Post by Ocean=Soup »

With a little less than a month until this tournament I am still looking for more players and staffers, we have 4 teams currently. If this tournament does not reach a field of at least 6 teams this tournament unfortunately will not run. Additionally if you are an HSer who hasn't played DUOS II yet and are interested in an HS Open division of this tournament feel free to fill out this interest form https://forms.gle/2duivKofUvoAh5jL6.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Re: QUADRUPLET: 8/19 online open DUOS II mirror MS Division

Post by Ocean=Soup »

The High School division of this tournament is open now and linked in the original post. With ~3 weeks left until this tournament there are 5 teams in the MS division, I am still looking for more teams! Hopefully we can cross that 6 team threshold to run the tournament! This is also a reminder to teams that filling out the sheet is not enough and that the google form must be filled out to register.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

With 2 weeks left until this tournament I am looking for more teams. I have just sent out information emails so if you believe you have signed up and did not receive one feel free to contact me. Additionally registration for this tournament will end on August 17th at 11:59 pm.

As I have an excess of staffers if you have signed up to staff but have decided you wish to play feel free to reach out.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

There is one more week left until QUADRUPLET with 5 registered teams in the MS division but 6 formed on the sheet. I have also received interested from others in creating more teams so the MS Division is expected to reach 6 or 8 teams. (There will not be an odd number). If you wish to sign up you should do so soon! Registration closes on Thursday, August 17th at 11:59pm!
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Registration closes tomorrow night so make sure to sign up soon! There are 7 teams in the MS division and I would love to round that out to 8 for an even field.
Melody Zou,

Ocean=Soup
Lulu

Post by Ocean=Soup »

Registration ends tonight at 11:59 I would love to hit 8 teams in the field!
Melody Zou,