TELEOLOGY 2 (available for mirrors now)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
TaylorH
Wakka

TELEOLOGY 2 (available for mirrors now)

Post by TaylorH »

Hi Quiz Bowl,

I am writing TELEOLOGY 2, the long-awaited squeakquel to TELEOLOGY. It will be similar to the last one in difficulty and general vibe. I plan on being finished around the end of the calendar year. I hope it can find a home as a mid-season side event somewhere, but there will be at least one online mirror. There will be 15 packets There are 12 packets of 24 powermarked tossups.

The distribution is similar to what it was last year, with the only change being one film question being replaced with an extra "Other" question:

2 Film
4 Literature
2 Non-film visual arts
2 Art music
3 Pop music
2 Video games
1 Other pop culture
1 Belief
2 Thought
5 "Other" (grab bag of history, science, geography, mixed academic, mixed academic and pop culture, and uncategorizable stuff)

The winning team of whatever the "main" site ends up being will be granted the privilege of picking the theme of whatever the next boutique side event I write is (from a short list of ideas).

See y'all there!
Last edited by TaylorH on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion
Tippy Martinez
Wakka

Re: TELEOLOGY 2 (late 2023)

Post by Tippy Martinez »

we are so fucking up let's go
connor mayers
maryland
TaylorH
Wakka

Re: TELEOLOGY 2 (available for mirrors now)

Post by TaylorH »

Somewhat poor timing for this with many side event weekends now over, but the first ten packets of this set are now complete and can be mirrored at any time. However, since I have a ton of extras left over, I still plan on writing a few extra packets that will be available as an "expansion pack/DLC" for the set for mirrors held at a later date, including the online mirror I plan on running sometime in the fall.

Email me if you wish to host a mirror of this set.

My esteemed Acronym teammates Mateo Acosta, Anthony Delgado, and Will Grossman are assisting me in finishing up this set.
Last edited by TaylorH on Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
TaylorH
Wakka

Re: TELEOLOGY 2 (available for mirrors now)

Post by TaylorH »

I wrote so much extra for this set that I decided to spin off the extra into the threequel. I was informed that 15 packets is too much for any one side event, so hopefully this move will be more fun for everyone. This set remains finished and will stay open for mirrors through the fall and spring. I'll host an online mirror in December.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF