2023 Quiz Master - RuneScape Tournament

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.

Which day(s) would you be able to attend? Select all that apply.

Saturday, September 16
4%
Sunday, September 17
4%
Saturday, September 23
8%
Sunday, September 24
8%
Saturday, September 30
8%
Sunday, October 1
8%
Saturday, October 7
8%
Sunday, October 8
8%
Saturday, October 14
8%
Sunday, October 15
8%
Saturday, October 21
8%
Sunday, October 22
8%
Saturday, October 28
8%
Sunday, October 29
8%

Total votes: 26

Michael Shang
Lulu

2023 Quiz Master - RuneScape Tournament

Post by Michael Shang »

Greetings, fellow exp wasters,

I'm excited to announce Quiz Master, a RuneScape question set! Given enough interest, it will be run as a small online tournament on whatever date works for most people in the poll.

Format
Teams may consist of up to four players. The tournament will consist of eight packets of 20 TUs and 20 Bonuses*, with a distribution as follows:

3/3 Skilling
4/4 PVM
4/4 Lore/Quests
3/3 NPCs and Items
2/2 Minigames
2/2 Geography
2/2 Trash/Miscellaneous

TUs are between seven and nine lines long at 12pt Times New Roman font and are powermarked. Bonuses are reasonably short.
*Number of packets, and number of TUs/Bonuses subject to change

Biases
I have sunk more hours into RuneScape 3 and OldSchool Runescape than I would care to admit, but I have played OSRS exclusively since about 2018. As a result, the vast majority of clues will be geared towards OSRS content, but I may also include other information (especially lore) as it pertains to the relevant answerlines. It is highly unlikely that I include any content exclusive to RS3 post-2018. In the event that clues apply exclusively to one game and not the other, I will also do my best to specify that information in the question.

Team Entry Fees
There will be no team entry fee, since this is the first tournament I've written.

Questions?
Don't hesitate to ask! Feel free to either post here or email me at [email protected].
Michael Shang
Johns Hopkins University '18
Harvard Law School '22