DMA @ ISU (28 October 2023)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
CPiGuy
Auron

DMA @ ISU (28 October 2023)

Post by CPiGuy »

I am pleased to announce that Iowa State University Quizbowl will be hosting a mirror of DMA on Saturday, October 28th, 2023. I will be directing the tournament.

Eligibility

This is a closed collegiate tournament. Teams must represent a single school. There are no further eligibility restrictions (e.g. this tournament is not restricted only to novices).

Fees
Base fee: $120 per team.
Buzzer discount: $10 per functioning buzzer set.
Staff discount: $20 per team-provided staffer. Staffers should bring a laptop; packets will be distributed and score kept electronically.
Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled one-way.
New program discount: -$40 if your school has not attended a pyramidal collegiate quizbowl tournament since before September 2021.
Minimum fee: $60 per team.

Schedule and Logistics
The tournament will take place in the second floor of Carver Hall at ISU. Parking is free in most campus lots on weekends; there are numerous parking lots close to Carver.
Check-in will start at 9am in Carver 205; we would like to conclude the opening meeting and start playing at 9:30am. The schedule is TBD based on the number of teams but we plan to guarantee every team nine rounds.

Registration
You can register by filling out this form.
We have set an initial field cap of 10, which will be raised as long as staff numbers permit. Our maximum field cap is 16.

Field
Carleton (1)
Iowa State (at least 1)
Minnesota (1)
Nebraska (2)
Wisconsin (1)

If you have any questions about the tournament feel free to contact me. Otherwise, we hope to see you in Ames on October 28th!
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
CPiGuy
Auron

Re: DMA @ ISU (28 October 2023)

Post by CPiGuy »

A logistics email should have been sent out to all registered teams. If you didn't get it, please let me know.

If you have a last-minute registration, that's still welcome -- we have the physical space and the buzzer/staffer support for more teams!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Carver Hall this Saturday!
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
CPiGuy
Auron

Re: DMA @ ISU (28 October 2023)

Post by CPiGuy »

This tournament happened. There are staaaaaaaaats.

Congrats to Minnesota for winning with a perfect 10-0 record, and thanks to everyone who came out to play and staff!
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16