LITANY (side event, 2023)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
Shourjo.Ganguli
Lulu

LITANY (side event, 2023)

Post by Shourjo.Ganguli »

I am pleased to announce LITANY, a tossup-only literature side event scheduled for the fall of 2023. Questions will be around 750 characters (7-8 lines 10 TNR) and will be written by myself, Ali Hamzeh, Stan Melkumian, and Clark Smith. The set will consist of 10 packets of 21 powermarked tossups with the following distribution:

7 Long Prose
6 Poetry
4 Short Prose
4 Drama

Our difficulty target is 3 dots (roughly comparable to ACF Regionals). Clark Smith will serve as head editor.

Prospective playtesters should email me at [email protected]. Playtesting will begin shortly after the completion of the set. Information regarding playtesting times and format will be available closer to the completion of the set.

LITANY is around 75% written, and we expect to finish by August. More details regarding potential online and in-person mirrors will be available closer to that date.

The mirror fee will be $15 per player. All mirror requests and questions should be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line “LITANY.”
Shourjo Ganguli
Beavercreek High School '22
Ohio State '26
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Re: LITANY (side event, 2023)

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

Is this event still happening?
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF
Shourjo.Ganguli
Lulu

After some delays, we're excited to announce that our set is back in progress, and we're currently adding the finishing touches! We look forward to mirroring the set in the spring and summer.

Potential playtesters should email me at [email protected]
Shourjo Ganguli
Ohio State '26
Shourjo.Ganguli
Lulu

Mirrors

LITANY @ Toronto (3/10)
Shourjo Ganguli