TRASHionals Results

Old college threads.
xiao_tuzi
Lulu

TRASHionals Results

Post by xiao_tuzi »

TRASHionals X concluded in College Park, Maryland today. We will most likely be posting the complete stats by later in the week. The final results were:

1st Place—Mike Keenan Employment Agency
2nd Place—ABDCABP
3rd Place—The Last Buzz
4th Place—Bill O’Reilly’s Tru Kulchur Wariers
5th Place—Lords of Alacrity
6th Place—School of Indiscriminate Grappling
7th Place—License to IL
8th Place—Tia and the TRASHmen

Congratulations to all, and thank you to everyone who helped, especially the University of Maryland.

Alexis Mansfield
MLafer
Rikku

Post by MLafer »

I am pretty sure License to IL should be ranked ahead of my team (Grappling), by virtue of having a better win-loss record (7-2, 3-4) vs. (8-1, 1-6). Also by virtue of kicking our ass.
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

When can we expect full stats?
xiao_tuzi
Lulu

Post by xiao_tuzi »

TRASHionals X concluded in College Park, Maryland today. We will most likely be posting the complete stats by later in the week.
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

Wow, apparently I lose reading comprehension abilities after 12 hours of driving through traffic jams.
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

xiao_tuzi wrote:
TRASHionals X concluded in College Park, Maryland today. We will most likely be posting the complete stats by later in the week.
nu?
mrmaguda
Lulu

Post by mrmaguda »

We never got complete stats from last year's TRASHIONALS (I think all we got last year was a listing of the top 8 teams and a long list of people's average score and that was it) so I never expected any stats this year. I don't understand how some tournaments can give live scoring while TRASH can never be bothered to ever post the stats.
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

There also isn't an online source of the UTC TRASHionals stats either, even though I recall them using SQBS (because I kept being pissed about our BC and points differential being absurd for a bottom bracket team...)
QuizbowlPostmodernist
Wakka

Post by QuizbowlPostmodernist »

mrmaguda wrote:We never got complete stats from last year's TRASHIONALS (I think all we got last year was a listing of the top 8 teams and a long list of people's average score and that was it) so I never expected any stats this year. I don't understand how some tournaments can give live scoring while TRASH can never be bothered to ever post the stats.
I received them by email last night. I'm in the process of putting them online right now.
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

If it's taking a really long time for some reason, if they're formatted I can have them online and easily accessible immediately.
xiao_tuzi
Lulu

Post by xiao_tuzi »

For some reason I didn't notice there were new/nu? replies, so I apologize for not having posted. As Anthony has explained, the stats were not exactly error free. Hopefully this will be improved in the future. Sorry for the delay!