Central Hardin Tourney

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Church51907
Wakka

Central Hardin Tourney

Post by Church51907 »

Anyone know where I can find the result of the Central Hardin tournament from this October or at least the top four finisher?
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Did they even hold it this (academic) year?
Aaron Kinney
Madisonville-North Hopkins '10
Go Maroons!
Church51907
Wakka

Tourney

Post by Church51907 »

I don't know. I saw on the KAAC that it was slated for 10/6/07 and was curious about the results
jwoolley
Lulu

Post by jwoolley »

It was moved to Saturday, January 19, 2008.

Let's try this again! After canceling our tournament in October, we are looking forward to our new date on January 19. This decision was difficult since the Dorman Tournament is on the same day and I realize many of you have already planned to go to Dorman, but this is about the last day we could make it in order to prepare for District Governor's Cup. I am already receiving contact of schools that can attend, so we are ready to go ahead with this date.

Previously I sent out registration materials, tournament rules, and a schedule of events. Those are included again with this email with updates. We are making plans to host up to 24 teams. The tournament cost will be $60 per team, a $5.00 discount will be given for a working buzzer system.

I would like to give you as much information as I know at this time to better prepare you for your visit. This tournament will be a NAQT qualifying tournament using Invitational Series # 68 set of questions. The top 15% of the Varsity (Division) teams will qualify for the nationals. We will be using a modified version of the NAQT rules. We will allow reboundable bonuses and there will be a lightning round in the morning sessions. The NAQT rules may be found at http://www.naqt.com . We will also have a separate JV and Varsity Division if there is sufficient interest (reasonable number of teams). There will be 5 rounds in the morning. A playoff round will be held after lunch. I would like to invite all of you to mark your calendar for this special event. Awards will given to top 4 teams in the Varsity Division as well as the top 2 teams in the JV Division.

The CHHS Academic Booster Club will serve pizza and drinks the same as last year. A hospitality room will be provided for the coaches, moderators and volunteers. Tickets will be sold at registration for the meal.

Where is Central Hardin? We are 40 miles south of Louisville, 3 miles off of I-65 at exit 94. Please let me know if you are interested in attending. Last year we had a very competitive field to include the top teams throughout Kentucky, Detroit Catholic Central, Walton, Georgia, Tipp City, etc. There is quite a bit of support in the community for this event as we attempt to make it special for these most deserving competitors.

I would like to be able to close out the registration on this tournament by the end of the month. For the schools that “are intending to comeâ€
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Oh, well in that case. I just didn't hear much about it.
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Great tournament. Anyone know where I can find results or the like?
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!
Brian_ECHS
Lulu

Post by Brian_ECHS »

Junior Varsity
1.Apollo A
2.Apollo B

Varsity
1.Adair County
2.Edmonson County
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

As in win-loss records, lol. I'm a stats freak.
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!
Brian_ECHS
Lulu

Post by Brian_ECHS »

Does anybody know who got 3rd and 4th?
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

I think Madisonville got third and perhaps Owensboro Catholic fourth.
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!
scquizbowl
Wakka

Central Hardin

Post by scquizbowl »

Good showing by Madisonville North Hopkins, as they have competed in several different tournaments this season, including Ezell-Harding and Vanderbilt, and against some teams, they play much better compared to their competition from Kentucky.

I have never heard about Adair County, as they have never traveled anywhere outside Kentucky.
akinney
Wakka

Re: Central Hardin

Post by akinney »

scquizbowl wrote:Good showing by Madisonville North Hopkins, as they have competed in several different tournaments this season, including Ezell-Harding and Vanderbilt, and against some teams, they play much better compared to their competition from Kentucky.

I have never heard about Adair County, as they have never traveled anywhere outside Kentucky.
Thanks. Granted, Madisonville is weak this year. The games Madisonville lost were by very little, and one against Adair was on an (unfair) inquiry.

Have you seen Madisonville this year? I'm just curious, as you seem as if you have.
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!
scquizbowl
Wakka

Central Hardin tourney

Post by scquizbowl »

Yes, earlier in the year for James Island, we played you guys at the Ezell-Harding tournament, and last year, we played Madisonville-North Hopkins in the playoffs at Ezell-Harding, and they are a good team, young, just like Johnson Central.

We have also played Campbell County, Dunbar at nationals last year, and several other Kentucky teams. We also beat North Kansas City in preliminaries at Vandy, but we lost to them in the playoffs.
akinney
Wakka

Re: Central Hardin tourney

Post by akinney »

scquizbowl wrote:Yes, earlier in the year for James Island, we played you guys at the Ezell-Harding tournament, and last year, we played Madisonville-North Hopkins in the playoffs at Ezell-Harding, and they are a good team, young, just like Johnson Central.

We have also played Campbell County, Dunbar at nationals last year, and several other Kentucky teams. We also beat North Kansas City in preliminaries at Vandy, but we lost to them in the playoffs.
You played us at THIS year's Ezell-Harding? I wouldn't remember, as I think that's the first tourney we went to. We're considerably worse than we were last year. 2 of our starters our seniors, one junior, and I'm a sophomore.
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

It wasn't actually the prelims, it was the 4 semi-scrimmages on Friday night where you beat us.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
akinney
Wakka

Post by akinney »

Deesy Does It wrote:It wasn't actually the prelims, it was the 4 semi-scrimmages on Friday night where you beat us.
I think that's pretty much the same thing. It determined seeding. Is that not right?
Aaron Kinney
Go Maroons!