North Carolina '07-'08

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
DrakeRQB
Rikku

Re: North Carolina '07-'08

Post by DrakeRQB »

John and Gray will also be at UNC. Dorothy Schrader, our captain who will make a solid college player as well, will be at NYU. Daniel Hains will be at South Carolina.
Alex Drake
Robinson HS
Concord, N.C.

http://www.robinsonquizbowl.com
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

It will take me time to do this, but I have to order those trophies separately. Let me know where I should send them.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
rchschem
Yuna

Post by rchschem »

You can send Kevin's and Peter's to me at RCHS. Roger and Ray will be more difficult; I don't know where they're actually from or where they are going. Maybe Philip Rash monitors this group?
Eric Grunden, Research Triangle High School/NCATA
DrakeRQB
Rikku

Post by DrakeRQB »

You can send John and Gray's to Robinson, and I'll make sure they get them.
Alex Drake
Robinson HS
Concord, N.C.

http://www.robinsonquizbowl.com
rchschem
Yuna

Post by rchschem »

Considering items about next year's NCOAST:

1. Time - somewhere between late march and end of April, bookended by RTO and AP exams. April is the suckiest month, but what say you?
2. Format - our previous question supplier is no longer available. We could solicit bids with a format in mind or buy off the shelf. There could be a PACE-like set, NAQT is always out there. How should the format change?
3. Site - it's time to go to the Triad, and some have offered to host. We will be instituting a more formalized process for hosting. This can be discussed as well.

Eric
rchschem
Yuna

Date claiming

Post by rchschem »

Noting that Raleigh Charter is announcing

RTO - March 21, 2009
Bonfire of the Humanities - November 15, 2008

We think it would be nice to have another fall tournament to choose from. No TrASH this year, but we're working on bringing that back. Maybe we will include a trash round in the new tournament, whatever that is? It would depend on permissions from the question source.

No date proposed yet for NCOAST, though April looks terrible.

These are covered in the tournament announcing thread, also.

Eric
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

rchschem wrote:2. Format - our previous question supplier is no longer available. We could solicit bids with a format in mind or buy off the shelf. There could be a PACE-like set, NAQT is always out there. How should the format change?
Hey, what is the date and level of this tournament? If you don't choose to go with NAQT, I can help you find some questions, either by writing them or talking to other people.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Matt Weiner wrote:
rchschem wrote:2. Format - our previous question supplier is no longer available. We could solicit bids with a format in mind or buy off the shelf. There could be a PACE-like set, NAQT is always out there. How should the format change?
Hey, what is the date and level of this tournament? If you don't choose to go with NAQT, I can help you find some questions, either by writing them or talking to other people.
I would volunteer to write the science in that case, too.
Andrew Watkins
cdcarter
Yuna

Post by cdcarter »

I am writing a tournament with Ian from GDS and quite a few other people this summer to be played all over, next fall. Please email me at [email protected] for more info, if you would be interested in hosting a site
Christian Carter
Minneapolis South High School '09 | Emerson College '13
PACE Member (retired)