Questions from HAVOC now online

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Questions from HAVOC now online

Post by Blackboard Monitor Vimes »

This "JV" tournament was run last spring. Cameron Orth and I co-edited and co-directed, and as we'll probably be doing a lot of the editing for GSAC, anyone who has time to comment on the set is greatly appreciated. Cameron edited science, math theory, government, current events, and possibly our "other" category, I don't remember, and I edited the rest. The primary writers of this set are also the primary writers of this year's GSAC, so any comments will be helpful. We've probably improved a bit in writing/editing since then, and I don't know how much you can tell from a JV set, but anything someone notices, whether it's something we're doing right or something we messed up, can help us out. Very few of the teams who attended post here, and most of them are only used to VHSL/Battle of the Brains, so we didn't get a whole lot of feedback. We tried to get the set posted earlier, but had problems with emails disappearing. I know people probably have less time to spend reading sets with school starting back up (especially easier sets), but if anyone's looking to kill some time, the set can be found here: http://quizbowlpackets.com/archive/havoc2008/

Thanks to Chris Carter for posting this set for us, and thanks again to George Berry for contributing some emergency science/math theory.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE