2023 Great Lakes NAQT SCT @ OSU (2023-02-04)

Old college threads.
tiersetat
Lulu

2023 Great Lakes NAQT SCT @ OSU (2023-02-04)

Post by tiersetat »

Hello! I am pleased to announce that the Academic Team at Ohio State University will be hosting the Great Lakes mirror of 2023 NAQT SCT on February 4, 2023. Further details about the set can be found here.

The tournament will take place in McPherson Chemical Laboratory (140 West 18th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210). There will be a brief opening meeting at 8:45 AM EST, and gameplay will begin at 9 AM EST. I, Luke Miceli, will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected]

Registration
To register for this tournament, use the NAQT registration system. Please let me know how many teams you’re bringing, the rosters for those teams, and if you intend to bring any staffers and/or buzzers. I’ll try to invoice teams as soon as possible after they register. For now, I am putting a field cap of 10 for each division, though I am willing to expand this based on buzzer and moderator availability.

Rules and Eligibility
This is a closed tournament; all players must be currently enrolled at a degree-granting institution and must play with players from the same institution. In addition, this tournament will be split into two divisions. In general, players are eligible for Division II if they have not played at or qualified for ICT before. Full eligibility rules regarding closed status can be found here and regarding Division II status can be found here.

Fees and Payment
First team base fee: $160
Subsequent team base fee: $135
New to quizbowl discount: −$20
Staffers: −$40
Buzzer discount: −$10
Travel Discount (more than 200 miles one way): −$10
Minimum fee: $50

We can accept payment via cash or checks made out to “The Academic Team at Ohio State University”. Please email me if you have any questions or concerns regarding payment.

If there’s any info you need that I’ve missed, please let me know. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you at OSU on February 4!
Last edited by tiersetat on Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke Miceli
The Ohio State University 2024
TangDynasty0701
Lulu

Re: 2023 Great Lakes NAQT SCT @ OSU (2023-02-04)

Post by TangDynasty0701 »

Just going to attach the link of the field for the tournament here. You should also be able to register for your respective division through this link https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=14417
Yijen Tang
Barrington IL '20
Ohio State
she/her
Subhamitra Banerjee Roychoudhury
Kimahri

Re: 2023 Great Lakes NAQT SCT @ OSU (2023-02-04)

Post by Subhamitra Banerjee Roychoudhury »

Will there be enough teams for this mirror to run? We (Michigan) had been planning to register once our teams are finalized, but I see there is currently only one team registered.

(edit: this has been resolved)
University of Michigan 2021-2024 (Current E-Board: Tournament Director)
Plymouth High School 2018-2021