Bad Random Trash

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Bad Random Trash

Post by bradleykirksey »

Hey!

I've written trash for a lot of things that never saw the light of day. The failed CLAMAT 3, rejected trash from various Delta Burke tournaments or NAQT applications, the COVID-canceled SuMO VI, some NFL pack, part of JCD IV, a lot of trash I've read for friends on their back porches, and so on.

So, I compiled them all into a zombie set. So, not only will I promise they're not good, and don't have a consistent length or difficulty, I'll promise they lean hard into vanity like The Simpsons and the NFL, and there's way too much animation. But they are trash questions that exist. Even if they're not packetized well, consistently sorted by difficulty, updated, or fun.

Since I can guarantee that they're bad, I'd love to have them accomplish something other than making me a few bucks. Specifically, if people want to run this set after a tournament, on run it on a weekend with friends, by themselves, or just to pity the poor illiterate fool who can't make forum posts right, rather than charging a mirror fee, I'd love it if people would pay what they'd give in mirror fees to Operation Water, a really awesome charity that tries to bring clean drinking water to places like Mozambique, which don't have it. It claims to bring a $4 increase to the economy for every $1 that's donated, which sounds cool, if you don't think about it critically, like I don't.

Each of the 5 rounds should look like

4 TV
4 Film
4 Sports
2 Games
2 Music
2 Other Trash
2 Mixed trash

The music will be mostly written by Mickey Sizemore and the film will be assisted by Cody Johansen, in case you've ever heard by music questions and have been scarred,

To be clear, if we're close you're probably not clear for this set. If you helped write JCD, SuMO, Delta Burke, CLAMAT, or process NAQT Applications, you probably shouldn't claim to be clear to play. Another reason why this should be a charity thing.

Let me know if you want to mirror the set before it's uploaded. Either message me on the PM system on here, or email me at BradleyKirksey [at] yahoo [dot] com and I'll get you the set. Or wait it out til I get bored and upload it, read it to your friends, and try passing the hat yourself and donating here: https://operationwater.org/en/donate

To be clear, this is being uploaded almost out of boredom in the hope that we can collectively do some good for those who can't. So, please don't set a high bar for the quality of the questions-- I'm almost illiterate-- but knowing that you're hearing some sports questions for the good of the nice people in Mozambique is a win-win-win right?

I think I'm going to have this finished and ready to send to people by 9/1/23 unless someone has a compelling reason to finish earlier (which wouldn't be too hard since it's a Zombie set) and I'll probably hold it from the archives until 12/1/23 unless someone has a different compelling reason to hold it for them.

Hope to hear from people soon!
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
Cheynem
Sin

Re: Bad Random Trash

Post by Cheynem »

I wouldn't mind playing through this while drinking at Minnesota Open, but that is mid August.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

Cool! I'll make sure to send it to you before mid August!
Bradley Kirksey
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Thank you Professor Kirksey.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Alkres
Lulu

Post by Alkres »

Run them as a set online yourself.
Alan Kreisel. FSCJ.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

I think that at this point, everyone who asked for these questions has had a change to play them as a side thing or practice or whatever else.

If you would like to play these questions, or chip in for a good charity, let me know soon or they'll probably go on the archive this week!
Bradley Kirksey