Hiring an Editor

Anything that's on topic but doesn't fit elsewhere, including related events that might be of interest to quizbowl players.
Stained Diviner
Auron

Hiring an Editor

Post by Stained Diviner »

Reinstein QuizBowl wants to hire an editor for our high school questions, which are Scobol Solo and Masonics/Reinstein. The first job would be working on questions due this coming Fall.

The qualifications we are looking for are somebody who will be at least 18 and a high school graduate by this Summer, has a strong knowledge of the high school canon, and has some experience writing and/or editing.

The pay ranges depending on how much work you are willing to do, from $100 for reading through the questions and giving feedback on difficulty to $1000 for being a full editor in all subjects. The pay is low because these questions do not generate a lot of revenue, the questions are in decent shape, and you have the option of returning questions that need significant work.

Apply by emailing me to let me know how you are qualified and what job you want to take on at [email protected]. Let me know by January 31.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Stained Diviner
Auron

Re: Hiring an Editor

Post by Stained Diviner »

You have until midnight Wednesday if you want to apply.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)