ESPN @ Stanford (open) (3/9/24)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
tpmorrison
Lulu

ESPN @ Stanford (open) (3/9/24)

Post by tpmorrison »

This is an announcement for Stanford’s open mirror of ESPN, which will be on March 9th, 2024.

Payment:
The fee structure for each team is the following:
- Base fee: $140 USD
- Buzzer discount: -$10 / working buzzer set
- Approved moderator discount: -$15 / staffer with laptop
- Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles one way (according to Google Maps)
- Shorthanded discount (1-2 person team): -$40
- Minimum fee: $55 USD

If you have buzzers available, please bring them. Payment can be made via check, cash, or Venmo. If you need any paperwork filled out so that you can pay us, please email me at [email protected].

Team formation and registration
This is an open tournament - an unofficial team formation spreadsheet can be found here. The preliminary field cap is 8 teams.

To officially register for the tournament, please email me at [email protected]. If you are interested in staffing the tournament, please put your name down in the team formation spreadsheet and email me.

Logistics
UPDATED: This tournament will be held at the Sapp Center (376 Lomita Dr, Stanford, CA). The opening meeting will be at 8:40, with registration beginning at 8:30.

Feel free to post here or email me with questions.

Field:
Berkeley A
Berkeley B
Stanford
Free Agents
Last edited by tpmorrison on Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Morrison
UChicago '20
Stanford '25ish
tpmorrison
Lulu

Re: ESPN @ Stanford (open) (3/9/24)

Post by tpmorrison »

We've confirmed rooms in the Sapp Center. Please be sure to add your name to the team formation spreadsheet if you'd like to play and to email me when your team is finalized. Also, if you're listed as tentative to attend, please clarify soon. I'll assign any remaining free agents to teams later in the week. We're expecting to have either 4 or 6 teams.
Tim Morrison
UChicago '20
Stanford '25ish
tpmorrison
Lulu

Re: ESPN @ Stanford (open) (3/9/24)

Post by tpmorrison »

Congratulations to team Free Agents (Jason Golfinos, Stephen Liu, Justine French, Eric Chen) for clearing the field. Stats are available here. Thanks to everyone for coming to play, and thanks to Eve and Ethan for staffing!
Tim Morrison
UChicago '20
Stanford '25ish