Search found 106 matches

by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:09 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Preseason
Replies: 84
Views: 28745

I love how the Preseason evaluation thread has turned into a flame war. Ditto, damn it's hot in here. I dont want to stray off course from the main idea of this thread, but anyway, just wanted to clear up that Dan and I (we're both in Boston museum-hopping) understand what Doug's been saying and ev...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:57 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Preseason poll party with pants
Replies: 29
Views: 10410

Just double checking, is this a prediction of how teams will rank for the beginning of the year or prematurely ranking who we think will be top 25 by the end of the year?
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:24 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

Unless it's a priest who likes a whiskey and coke while watching SNL and who orders margaritas at Applebee's.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:23 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Preseason
Replies: 84
Views: 28745

I guess I'll post my prediction for the top few teams for the BEGINNING of next year. Notice, I am not trying to predict whose gonna do well at nationals or anything because there is so much time and so much possible change until may/june of 2008 and like chris said, it really depends on certain tea...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Preseason
Replies: 84
Views: 28745

I think poll is good idea. It'll be hectic but interesting I'm sure.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:38 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

Oh yeah and Gonzaga's awesome. I'm holding my breath for the tournament you show up at drunk. THE tournament??? mwahaha oh yeah and earlier I failed to mention Gov's team next year. Before MSM i had no clue what to expect and hence expected the worst, but coming out of it I see that Gov has put tog...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:32 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

Anyone have any different or new opinions upon coming back from ACE camp? We can't really learn anything about the schools who didn't go to MSM and are predicted to be good (TJ, Whitman, etc.), but I did see some proof for certain things next season, such as Daichi handily leading WJ, RM being led b...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:06 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

I felt that the new ACE structure was interesting and more or less worked out pretty well because in having quizzes in each class you were pretty much forced to learn lots and lots about each class. I felt that Mr. Huff's Fine Arts class was beast and that the two science classes I took were pretty ...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:59 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

UNDER 21 ALCOHOL RESTRICTED

but see Pat's post for actual content because I can't stop laughing -Mod
by gonzagaeagleahy
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:56 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: 2007 Post-Nationals Poll Discussion - Results are in!
Replies: 83
Views: 29128

Brindlee Mountain A deserves to be in the top 10 in my opinion. At PACE, my team(Novi) won against New Trier, almost beat Gonzaga, lost to Maggie Walker really badly, and then proceeded to get completely annihilated by Brindlee Mountain A(by like 400 points). Maybe the questions in the round which ...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:53 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Computational math in high school quizbowl
Replies: 73
Views: 77771

This is a poesronal jount thosugh but i havete having probaltily problems. I want more calucsulsu.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:52 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Princeton HS Tournament (10/20/07) at Princeton, NJ
Replies: 29
Views: 9339

Do you know which set will be used?
by gonzagaeagleahy
Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Byko's Ratings
Replies: 72
Views: 24055

Mr. Bykowski, I don't know if you're missing any tournaments for us or something, but you have Gonzaga ending up 113-32 when I know we finished around 151-34.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:18 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

the scores will be put together to give each camper a handicap in the subject matter contest of their choice. I understand the handicap counting as starting out with automatic points, but are they also going to determine who you're going to play in the first subject rounds? This could serve as a pr...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:09 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: RESULTS: TJIAT 07 (10/13/07) at Thomas Jefferson HS
Replies: 67
Views: 22406

Do you know already what set you're planning to use?
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:36 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

Oh i know. Just not when you have to take them in your most detested subject (science). Oh well, I'll take one for the team.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:38 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

Due to the whole no majors at the MSM camp, are there still gonna be quizzes for one of the classes?
by gonzagaeagleahy
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:13 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: 2007 Post-Nationals Poll Discussion - Results are in!
Replies: 83
Views: 29128

Well, in receiving many polls we can only hope that they all balance out, can't we.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: PACE Bootcamp on July 14-15 (Gonzaga HS DC)
Replies: 19
Views: 10874

Chris, Dan and I will have questions written by Saturday.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:40 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

The highest scorers on the camp test were: 1. John Brown, Rockford Auburn 2. Greg Gauthier, Wheaton North 2. Siva (don't remember last name or school) 3. Terin Budine, Savannah Do you know what the top score specifically was, so that we'll be able to compare it to the other ACE campers from the oth...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:38 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

I wish I were at ACE camp. But I have to wait 20 more days. NOOO.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:42 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: RESULTS: TJIAT 07 (10/13/07) at Thomas Jefferson HS
Replies: 67
Views: 22406

aestheteboy wrote:I would say that any good team has a very good chance of winning the first round taping with a B-team. But then again, I guess a lot of people like getting on TV.
Not our B-team haha.

Maybe we could go for like the first half and then just not do the playoffs. Iuno.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:33 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: RESULTS: TJIAT 07 (10/13/07) at Thomas Jefferson HS
Replies: 67
Views: 22406

Based on the list, though, we're probably gonna be one of the later tapings, which does not bode well for trying to do both.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:31 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Mid-Atlantic Season Opener (9/15/07)
Replies: 7
Views: 3728

Just wanted to let you know that Gonzaga will definitely be registering soon. I was gonna register for us but then I realized how mad Father Meehan may get cause he has a crazy temper, so I guess we'll just wait until he does it. Eventually.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:22 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: RESULTS: TJIAT 07 (10/13/07) at Thomas Jefferson HS
Replies: 67
Views: 22406

That sucks. Gonzaga's not going to be able to make it cause that's our first taping date.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:18 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: A Quiz Bowl T-Shirt?
Replies: 33
Views: 26635

SwissBoy wrote:We tried to get shirts that said "Don't be a negger," but this did not go down with our coach.
HAHAHA i love that.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

Guest wrote:A question to all readers: Who is attending camp, what school do you go to, and which camp location are you attending?
Gonzaga's gonna be bringing 5 players to MSM and we may be bringing a sixth.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:11 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

Logic/illogic of what we are doing at MSM 1. We knew the MSM camp would be small, our smallest in years. It has turned out that way. 2. The major-minor system has worked fine. But a number of people have asked about doing parts of majors or somehow splitting their time between majors. This new syst...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:09 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: What's up with hats?
Replies: 32
Views: 10109

Gonzagapuma1 wrote: FALSE
true. except it's not gonna be camouflage. it's gonna have little Wendy's Frostys floating on it.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:07 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: What's up with hats?
Replies: 32
Views: 10109

gonzaga next year is going to feature both dan and i wearing hats. dan's gonna go for the will butler, i'm not sure which hat i'll wear yet.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:39 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: ACE Camps 2007
Replies: 72
Views: 27349

So I know about the no majors/minors at Mount Saint Mary's and understand how it would work, but is there any reason why Mount St. Mary's was chosen for this format as opposed to the others?
by gonzagaeagleahy
Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:09 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: What will NAQT do for their nationals in 2008?
Replies: 100
Views: 32220

I don't think you should necessarily rely on the past years to decide how many teams from each state are allowed for the next HSNCT. In just one year teams can improve vastly or quickly become...really bad. Another thing in the DC argument is DC, as of yet, has not been very represented at the HSNCT...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:09 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Next Year
Replies: 89
Views: 29384

I was actually only going to include a top four powerhouse for next year but decided to just give five including RM figuring that you guys would be powerhouse-material next year, which I know you guys will end up doing.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

maybe not so much with literature. Not that I really know, but that seems likely to me. Reasonable assumption, I must say, because Ted did know a vast area of literature of all sorts; however, we will actually be very solid in literature next year, not too far behind Ted's capabilities this year, i...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:31 am
Forum: College area archives
Topic: DID YOU SAY MY NAME WRONG??????
Replies: 29
Views: 9929

My facebook default picture is Evan O'Dorney reaching for his Spelling Bee Winner's Trophy.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Next Year
Replies: 89
Views: 29384

Others to look out for: Stuyvesant, Danville, East Lansing, Brindlee Mtn., Dunbar, Eden Prairie, others? Oh Mr. Dees...Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga. Very underrated for next year, but everyone will be surprised, you'll see. I wasn't angry until I saw that you didn't even include us in your mental list o...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Bad Negs
Replies: 826
Views: 313513

charlieDfromNKC wrote:A pretty retarded one from my legendary 33 at HSNCT was in our game against Shady Side. The first tossup was on polar bears and for some reason I said "arctic bears."
That should have been accepted. I actually think they prefer to be called arctic bears.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:25 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: 2008 PACE NSC (yes, I said 2008)
Replies: 29
Views: 10198

Well Gonzaga may be able to attend, but most of Sunday would be ruled out. We'll have two seniors on the team next year and they/we should be able to make part of Sunday, assuming we would make the playoffs. Call for seniors at school would be at roughly 11 am, so we would be able to stay until mayb...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:28 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

My point is, one-man teams suck. Although Dan, Ian, and I are good individual players, neither Zaga, GDS nor we will be very successful unless we get a lot of help from teammates. Okay, everyone recognizes how solid Dan is and how good he will be next year, even though I believe his success next ye...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:03 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

Does anyone know how many seniors were on the Blake team? Cause they've been pretty solid this year, as well.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:16 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: DC/Metro Area 2007-08
Replies: 164
Views: 44871

Like most prognostications so far for the DC/Metro area, I believe that the main three front-runners in the area will be TJ, Whitman, and RM, but not necessarily in that order. I doubt that one of them will necessarily be the outright front-runner but that's hard to say because there's the whole sum...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue May 29, 2007 9:03 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Next Year
Replies: 89
Views: 29384

gonzagaeagleahy wrote:I must apologize for my naive comment. Next time I won't post something unless I'm totally sure.
Actually that's a lie, but I'll try not to.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue May 29, 2007 9:01 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Next Year
Replies: 89
Views: 29384

I must apologize for my naive comment. Next time I won't post something unless I'm totally sure.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue May 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Next Year
Replies: 89
Views: 29384

I'm 94% sure that he won't be returning next year because he is definitely a senior and will most likely not repeat senior year for any reason.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sun May 20, 2007 1:28 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: 2007 NAQT HSNCT Predictions
Replies: 79
Views: 26968

iambusyeating wrote:
gonzagaeagleahy wrote:All I can predict is that Theodore Gioia will perform miraculously.
Is that the same a performing miracles?
No, but he'll do that too.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sat May 19, 2007 12:20 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: 2007 NAQT HSNCT Predictions
Replies: 79
Views: 26968

All I can predict is that Theodore Gioia will perform miraculously.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sat May 19, 2007 12:09 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: List of teams
Replies: 10
Views: 4707

Gonzaga College High School from Washington, D.C. is interested.
by gonzagaeagleahy
Sat May 19, 2007 12:05 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: Next Year
Replies: 89
Views: 29384

My prognostication is that Whitman will be the team-to-beat in the DC-Metropolitan area, followed by TJ and RM. However, Gonzaga, WJ, and of course Maggie Walker, will all also be strong and the other 3 main teams better watch out. I also believe that Gonzaga's B-Team will be, not particularly stron...
by gonzagaeagleahy
Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:06 pm
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: RESULTS: NAQT MD/DC State Championship (4/21/07) @ GDS
Replies: 17
Views: 6586

alex nutman was one of the best scorekeeper's i've ever seen
by gonzagaeagleahy
Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:45 am
Forum: High school area archives
Topic: 2007 Pre-Nationals National Poll Results
Replies: 66
Views: 23536

True, i do see some regional bias, both from the Midwest and east coast, yet i think the poll pretty much evens it out and is fairly accurate in the final results.