Harvard Fall Tournament XIV at New York University (Feb. 29, 2020)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Marcion of Sinope
Lulu

Harvard Fall Tournament XIV at New York University (Feb. 29, 2020)

Post by Marcion of Sinope »

Quiz Bowl at NYU is excited to announce a mirror of this year's iteration of the Harvard Fall Tournament. It will be held at our campus in New York City's Greenwich Village on Saturday, February 29, 2020. See more information about the question set here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 9&p=359376.

REGISTRATION
To register, email me at mbb476 at NYU's domain name (nyu.edu). Be sure to include the number of teams you will be bringing and any discounts you will be claiming. The field size is capped at 20 teams based on room reservations.

FEES
Base Fee: $80/team
Buzzer Discount: -$10 per complete, functioning buzzer set
Staffer Discount: -$10 for a competent staffer

Minimum of $50 per team. Payment must be made on the day of the tournament by cash, check, or Venmo. Please make any checks out to "New York University," with "Quiz Bowl at NYU" in the subject line.

LOGISTICS
The tournament will take place in NYU's Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life (GCASL), located at 238 Thompson St, New York, NY 10012. Depending on the field size, some games may also be held in the adjacent Kimmel Center for Student Life. We will plan to begin registration at 9:00am and begin games around 9:30am.

We would generally recommend you take some form of public transportation to get here, if possible. If you have any questions about the best ways to get here, or about navigating the NYC Subway, do not hesitate to ask us. If you drive, there are several parking options in the vicinity of NYU, but be prepared to shell out some money for a spot.

I need not say that food options for lunch and dinner are extremely plentiful here in Manhattan. If you want recommendations, ask anyone affiliated with NYU during the tournament.

FIELD (18/20)
Dorman High School (SC) (1 team/0 buzzers/0 staffers)
East Brunswick High School (3/2/0)
"Gotham" (2/1/0)
High Tech High School (2/3/0)
Hunter College High School (3/1/0)
"Mather" (1/2/0)
Millburn High School (3/0/0)
Ridgewood High School (1/1/0)
Tenafly High School (1/1/0)
Wilton High School (1/1/0)

Finally, feel free to email me at the above address or respond to this post with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing everyone at NYU in February!
Last edited by Marcion of Sinope on Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Mitch Baron
Yale University '22
New York University '20
Illinois Valley Central High School '16
A_Failure
Lulu

Re: Harvard Fall Tournament XIV at New York University (Nov. 9, 2019)

Post by A_Failure »

Dean Ah Now
Millburn '20
Pomona '24
Marcion of Sinope
Lulu

Oof, that's my fault for only checking the opening post of that thread. I'll talk to our club and figure out what to do. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Mitch Baron
Yale University '22
New York University '20
Votre Kickstarter Est Nul
Rikku

Post by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul »

_nestorius wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:47 pm
Oof, that's my fault for only checking the opening post of that thread. I'll talk to our club and figure out what to do. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Nah that's on me; it's been updated now and I'll make sure it always it. Sorry about that!
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
Marcion of Sinope
Lulu

Re: Harvard Fall Tournament XIV at New York University (Feb. 29, 2020)

This will be held on February 29, 2020.
Mitch Baron
Yale University '22
New York University '20
Marcion of Sinope
Lulu

FYI, this tournament is platinum-certified for PACE NSC qualification. The top 25% of teams in the field will qualify for PACE NSC.
Mitch Baron
Yale University '22
New York University '20
Marcion of Sinope
Lulu

Congratulations to Millburn A, who beat East Brunswick B in the first game of an advantaged final to win the tournament. Complete statistics are available here.

Thanks to all the staffers who made today possible, especially alumni Sameen Belal, Ben Chin, and Rahul Rao-Pothuraju, and outside staffers Brian Lu and Daniel Shao. A special thanks to Rohan Vora for his tireless and prompt work on entering statistics.

(As those on the Discord know, there was some drama during the tournament that resulted in Wilton leaving early. If anyone has a compelling reason to know more about the situation, feel free to DM or email me. In addition, Millburn B and C left before the final round for getting-home-early reasons, which I made sure they knew was poor etiquette but didn't fight too hard.)

edit: forgot a name
Mitch Baron
Yale University '22
New York University '20