West Point Kick-off - 9/21/19 Cullman, AL (SM4RT - The Reboot)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
quizbowllee
Auron

West Point Kick-off - 9/21/19 Cullman, AL (SM4RT - The Reboot)

Post by quizbowllee »

Dear Coaches/Sponsors:

The West Point High School Quiz Bowl Team would like to invite you to our annual “Kick-Off” Tournament on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 at our campus in Cullman, AL.

This tournament is open to all players in grades 12 and below. Schools may register multiple teams. We encourage schools to bring as many teams as possible so that all their players get playing time! The questions will be written by the West Point Quiz Bowl team, along with coaches and alumni. The set will be geared towards “Easy High School” Level. They will be appropriate for teams of all skill levels. The format will be “NAQT style.”

Entry in the tournament is $65 per team. Each team may take ONE $5 discount per WORKING buzzer system.

We will consider having separate divisions for JV teams (and maybe even Middle School Teams) if there is enough interest.

For now, please e-mail me ASAP at [email protected] if you are interested in attending. The tournament is next month, so please let me know soon! I will send more detailed information to all interested teams as the date draws nearer.

Lunch and refreshments will be sold on-site.

I hope to see you all on Sept. 21!

Best,

Lee Henry
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)
quizbowllee
Auron

Re: West Point Kick-off - 9/21/19 Cullman, AL (SM4RT - The Reboot)

Post by quizbowllee »

Field Update (8/23):

The following schools have expressed interest in bringing at least one team:

Arab - 2
Austin - 2
East Lawrence - 2
Good Hope - 2
Hewitt-Trussville -3
Holy Spirit - 2
LAMP - awaiting number of teams
Russellville - 2
St. Bernard - 3
Spain Park
Southside
Sylacauga - awaiting number of teams
Lee Henry
AP Lit and APUSH Teacher
Quiz Bowl Coach
West Point High School
President-Elect/Past President- Alabama Scholastic Competition Association (ASCA)