[BHSAT XXIX] Pennsylvania Charity Tournament (6/27) [PA Only]

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
emf484848
Kimahri

[BHSAT XXIX] Pennsylvania Charity Tournament (6/27) [PA Only]

Post by emf484848 »

Hello all, I am pleased to announce the Pennsylvania Charity Tournament (PACT) will take place over discord on Saturday, June 27th. All the money that is not going towards paying mirror fees and moderators will be donated to the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

This tournament will be held on BHSAT XXIX and will be a regional mirror which is restricted to HS teams in the state of Pennsylvania. Chimeras will not be allowed. More details on the set can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopi ... 09&t=22944

I, Eddie Fuhrer, will be the tournament director. All questions and concerns relating to the tournament can be emailed to me at [email protected].

This tournament will charge $35 per team made preferably through Venmo (but Paypal works too!). There will be no discounts on this tournament.

UPDATE: After consulting with all registered teams about concerns over tournament length, I have decided to make the tournament tossup only (pending approval from BHSAT). I apologize for making this change close to the tournament but all teams were informed about the change this past Monday. This will not change any details about the tournament other than the amount of rounds.

This tournament will be held over Discord. The tournament will start at 9:30 AM eastern time, with players ready to go in the discord by 9:15 AM eastern time, with a lunch break occurring after prelims. The tournament will be a round-robin. A final will occur at the end between the top 2 teams.

The tournament will be capped at 18 teams, although this may change depending on staff availability. A waitlist will be provided on the spreadsheet if there are more than 18 interested teams.

Teams and staff (who will be paid $20 for staffing the full tournament) can sign up for the tournament on the following spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

This tournament will be untimed, with twenty tossups and bonuses per round. Players will have 7 seconds to answer tossups and bonus parts. I hope this will account for lag and other internet issues.

I hope to see you guys all on June 27th and would like to thank all of the other high schoolers and alumni across the state who helped with the planning of this tournament. I hope that this gives teams one more fun chance to play each other!
Eddie Fuhrer
KAHS 21'

emf484848
Kimahri

Re: [BHSAT XXIX] Pennsylvania Charity Tournament (6/27) [PA Only]

Post by emf484848 »

Congratulations to State College A for clearing the field with a 12-0 record and winning PACT! Thanks also to all staffers and teams for partaking today. I do not have a final amount that will be donated to charity yet, but will be finalizing that soon as all of the money gets distributed

All stats can be viewed here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6 ... /combined/

Also, I would like to shout out Karan Gurazada and Ashish Kumbhardare as their discord bot and scoresheets respectively helped me do everything from moving people between rooms to generating an SQBS file for me, cutting the amount of time in between rounds exponentially and allowing me to have stats ready within minutes of finishing the tournament.
Eddie Fuhrer
KAHS 21'