Midwest Prison Bowl [February 13th]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
CPiGuy
Yuna

Midwest Prison Bowl [February 13th]

Post by CPiGuy »

I am pleased to announce that I will be directing the Midwest mirror of Prison Bowl XIII on Saturday, February 13th.

Eligibility
This is a closed high school tournament. It is open to all high school (and middle school) teams from the Midwest, which for the purposes of this tournament includes Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Manitoba, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Nunavut, Ontario, Ohio, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Note that this tournament is NOT open to teams from Missouri.

Schedule and Format
The tournament will be run on Discord. All players will be expected to use video during the tournament unless they have specifically requested, and received, an exception from the tournament director (me). It will start at 8AM Mountain / 9AM Central / 10AM Eastern.

Conduct
I am committed to keeping quizbowl a safe place for all participants. Misconduct, cheating, and other forms of misbehavior are not tolerated and I reserve the right to remove players if they commit such acts. Players will be expected to abide by the PACE Code of Conduct and can avail themselves of the quizbowl misconduct form, in addition to reporting misconduct to me or other tournament officials.

I will also note that playing without a camera and exhibiting behaviors suggestive of cheating will place you under extreme suspicion.

Fees
The entry fee for this tournament will be $70 per team. As this tournament is online, no buzzer discounts will be given.

Registration
In order to register for this tournament, fill out this form. You can change your submission if things (such as the number of teams you are bringing) change; please do this instead of filling out another submission.

The final field cap is 32. Additional teams will go on a waitlist. Teams from outside the Midwest will only be added to the waitlist on February 1st.

Staff
Staffers will be paid $30 for staffing this tournament. If you would like to staff, fill out this form! There is a field to specify things such as "tentative", if you are not sure if you can make it.

Field (32/32)
Auburn (Rockford, IL; 2 teams)
Barrington (IL; 2 teams)
Beavercreek (OH; 1 team)
Bloomington (IL; 1 team)
Buffalo Grove (IL; 1 team)
Carl Sandburg (Orland Park, IL; 2 teams)
Detroit Catholic Central (Novi, MI; 3 teams)
Detroit Country Day (Beverly Hills, MI; 1 team)
Granite City (IL; 1 team)
IMSA (Aurora, IL; 1 team)
Macomb (IL; 2 teams)
Naperville North (Naperville, IL; 1 team)
Olentangy Berlin (Delaware, OH; 1 team)
Saint Joseph (South Bend, IN; 1 team)
Shaker Heights (OH; 1 team)
Springfield (IL; 1 team)
Stevenson (Lincolnshire, IL; 2 teams)
Troy (MI; 2 teams)
University Lab (Urbana, IL; 2 teams)
Ursuline (Youngstown, OH; 1 team)
Wayzata (Plymouth, MN; 3 teams)
Last edited by CPiGuy on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Conor Thompson (he/him)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
CPiGuy
Yuna

Re: Midwest Prison Bowl [February 13th]

Post by CPiGuy »

I've updated the initial post to change the staff stipend from $20 to $30; I forgot how math worked and thought that double-staffing every room (which may not happen but would be ideal) would require two staffers per team, not one staffer per team.
Conor Thompson (he/him)
Bangor High School '16
jtbrigham
Kimahri

Post by jtbrigham »

Did you receive my email? Just want to be sure correct registration

Cheers

[Poster was reminded to add a signature --mgmt]
CPiGuy
Yuna

Post by CPiGuy »

This tournament will have a final field cap of 30 to account for scheduling and staff limitations. (This field cap has not yet been reached.)

Also, we need staffers! If you can staff, please fill out the form linked in the first post!
Conor Thompson (he/him)
Bangor High School '16
CPiGuy
Yuna

Post by CPiGuy »

CPiGuy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:23 pm This tournament will have a final field cap of 30 to account for scheduling and staff limitations. (This field cap has not yet been reached.)

Also, we need staffers! If you can staff, please fill out the form linked in the first post!
This has been changed to 32, because I have devised a 32-team schedule that will not take unnecessarily long in an online format. This field cap is final and has been reached. All additional signups will be placed on a waitlist.

We still need staffers! Sign up to staff!
Conor Thompson (he/him)
Bangor High School '16
CPiGuy
Yuna

Post by CPiGuy »

The field cap has no longer been reached; there is a spot open in the field.
Conor Thompson (he/him)
Bangor High School '16
Cindyl
Kimahri

Post by Cindyl »

Hello,
I submitted an application for Ursuline High School, Youngstown, Ohio for 1 team. Is there still an opening?
Thanks,
Cindy Lacko

User was reminded to enable a signature -- mods
CPiGuy
Yuna

Post by CPiGuy »

There is now 1 spot open in the field. I will not be region-restricting this spot. Please email me or message me on the forums or on Discord if you would like to claim it.
Conor Thompson (he/him)
Bangor High School '16