SnowCAT at Carleton College (2/20/2021, IS-197)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
nk0713
Lulu

SnowCAT at Carleton College (2/20/2021, IS-197)

Post by nk0713 »

Hello!

I am pleased to announce that Carleton College will be hosting our annual high school tournament, SnowCAT, on Saturday, February 20th, 2021 virtually over Zoom! We will begin at 9:00AM CST, with a general meeting at 8:45AM. Attending teams do not need to have premium Zoom accounts; more information about technological logistics will be sent to registered teams.

Here is the fee structure for our tournament:

Base fee: $70 per team
-$20 per each moderator provided (for coaches/parent volunteers who have prior moderating experience)
-$20 for teams new to quiz bowl (MN Knowledge Bowl does not count — if you have only played Knowledge Bowl before you will still receive this discount)

If, for whatever reason, you can't pay this, email me at [email protected].

Nationals Qualification: The top 25% of teams will qualify for PACE's NSC, to be held online on June 5th-6th.

Registration: We are currently instituting a cap of 18 teams, but may be subject to change depending on our staffer situation. In addition, there will be a cap of 4 teams registered per school, with additional teams being placed on a wait list.

While this tournament will not impose geographic restrictions, as of this post, we will be granting priority to Minnesota and Western Wisconsin teams who would normally register for this tournament. Any teams from outside this region may sign up for the waitlist by emailing me at [email protected] and enter the field on a first come, first serve basis if there are still open spots available a week prior to the tournament.

Minnesota and Western Wisconsin teams only can register at any point up until February 12th through NAQT's website at this URL:
https://www.naqt.com/go/register/12121

Payment: We cannot and will not accept money orders, PayPal, or credit cards. If you need an invoice, please email me. Checks should be made out to "Carleton College".

Staffers: If you wish to staff for this tournament and are not affiliated with a participating team, and have had prior online moderating/scorekeeping experience, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/qv5A6hBB1EMUyaD66.
Staffers will be paid $40 for the day. It is preferable if you have a premium Zoom account, but if you don't, please email me at [email protected] and we can work out alternative arrangements.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Good luck in your seasons, and we look forward to seeing you in February!
Last edited by nk0713 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nina Kaushikkar (she/her)
Evanston Twp HS '18
Carleton College '22
nk0713
Lulu

Re: SnowCAT at Carleton College (2/20/2021, IS-197)

Post by nk0713 »

We are currently looking for staffers! If you are not affiliated with a participating team, and have had prior online moderating/scorekeeping experience, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/qv5A6hBB1EMUyaD66.
Staffers with premium Zoom accounts are preferred (i.e. through your school or place of work, for instance), but if you don't, please email me at [email protected] and we can work out an alternative. Staffers will be paid $40 for the day.

Additionally, we now have Platinum certification from PACE, meaning that the top 25% of teams will qualify for the NSC, to be held online on June 5th-6th. I've updated the original post to reflect both of these.
Nina Kaushikkar (she/her)
Evanston Twp HS '18
Carleton College '22